Retirement Getting Closer

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Perhaps you don't walk in their shoes......

Some have parents they take care of.....perhaps a sick wife.

Just because a certain number comes up on the calendar.....your life doesn't automatically change.

I wouldn't be some of the folks on BC for that 5 million dollars....matter of fact....I'd drink myself to death too.
You forgot no 401k and no money saved for retirement
Sound familiar

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm sure you are ahead of me. I have only received a paltry $735,000 as of Nov. 2021
A million in pension is a worthy goal. I though the OP meant 401k.

My goal was to collect pension longer than I worked at UPS but a million sounds better.
About 25 years.
quarter there.

satellitedriver

How excited were you as you got closer to retirement?
Not excited at all.
It was a planned exit.
Literally, I retired on a Friday and woke up Saturday morning feeling like I had not worked at UPS for 3 decades.
I have explained to people it was like reading a book and the last words on the page said
the end and I closed the book.
Started a new chapter in my life just being an old grumpy man that likes to travel and also stay home.
Weird paradox, but that's me.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Not excited at all.
It was a planned exit.
Literally, I retired on a Friday and woke up Saturday morning feeling like I had not worked at UPS for 3 decades.
I have explained to people it was like reading a book and the last words on the page said
the end and I closed the book.
Started a new chapter in my life just being an old grumpy man that likes to travel and also stay home.
Weird paradox, but that's me.
sounds good.
mine was very well planned. at least the last 10 years got serious about the planning.
My Dad retired at 55 and had a great 35 years in retirement.
Lived each day at the fullest.
I retired at 58 and have been retired 6 plus years and am having a blast.
no exaggeration
I get up between 4 and 5 every morning cause so looking forward to day.
So busy can not believe it.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I retired January of this year,and it was set in stone November 1 2020. November and December were the BEST two months in my time at UPS. I absolutely loved telling Management I didnt give a rats ass about Orion,Telematics or any other stupid crap they had to say. If they did bother me about Telematics I'd destroy them on the report the next day lol. My onroad begged me several times to "Please be Good" as he was getting his ass chewed over my reports.

My mission every day was to pay them back for all of the years of abuse and torment while making service to my customers. I had more fun than I could ever imagine lol
Your just saying that because it's true. I'm a 3 time joint panel survivor myself. I felt like Henry the V after I left.

Substitute Retirement Day for Saint Crispin's Day and you'll get it.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
sounds good.
mine was very well planned. at least the last 10 years got serious about the planning.
My Dad retired at 55 and had a great 35 years in retirement.
Lived each day at the fullest.
I retired at 58 and have been retired 6 plus years and am having a blast.
no exaggeration
I get up between 4 and 5 every morning cause so looking forward to day.
So busy can not believe it.
Thank you for your service, Frank 👴🏼