Retirement Getting Closer

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I retired January of this year,and it was set in stone November 1 2020. November and December were the BEST two months in my time at UPS. I absolutely loved telling Management I didnt give a rats ass about Orion,Telematics or any other stupid crap they had to say. If they did bother me about Telematics I'd destroy them on the report the next day lol. My onroad begged me several times to "Please be Good" as he was getting his ass chewed over my reports.

My mission every day was to pay them back for all of the years of abuse and torment while making service to my customers. I had more fun than I could ever imagine lol

Shiftless

How excited were you as you got closer to retirement?
For me?

Once I knew that I qualified for Retirement Health insurance, that is when when I got excited!!!!!!!!!!! And IMMEDIATELY RETIRED!

The excitement seemed virtually the same getting to that point. I was pretty vocal I wasn't staying any longer than I had to my whole time I worked at UPS. I was more concerned about health insurance because I was only going to be 49 when I retired.

It's all about choices! The younger you are making choices on a planned exit, the better!

ski or die

Ski or Die
For me?

Once I knew that I qualified for Retirement Health insurance, that is when when I got excited!!!!!!!!!!! And IMMEDIATELY RETIRED!

The excitement seemed virtually the same getting to that point. I was pretty vocal I wasn't staying any longer than I had to my whole time I worked at UPS. I was more concerned about health insurance because I was only going to be 49 when I retired.

It's all about choices! The younger you are making choices on a planned exit, the better!
I bailed at 49 also with health insurance. Been retired 23 1/2 years. I figured every one of those early retirement years added time on to my life not having to deal with the stress.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
For me?

I bailed at 49 also with health insurance. Been retired 23 1/2 years. I figured every one of those early retirement years added time on to my life not having to deal with the stress.

West coast pensions?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wasnt excited until receiving the first pension check.
Figured the Teamsters would screw that up.....but they didnt.

No one knew I had left for months. Never wanted to make a big deal out of it like most do
with the parties, cake, attention , etc.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The year I retired, it was the month of October. What a great feeling to go from all of of those peaks to, not this year.
I still get that, "I don't have to do peak" feeling.
Keep the checks coming.