Retirement Getting Closer

satellitedriver

I vote you only get 9 years worth of pension.
I vote that I retired from UPS a millionaire, without the teamsters protection.
BTW, UPS funded my pension, not the teamsters.
The pension is about 20% of my monthly retirement income.
Imagine that a person can plan his own financial future without the teamsters.
Mind boggling.

rod

Retired 22 years
I vote that I retired from UPS a millionaire, without the teamsters protection.
BTW, UPS funded my pension, not the teamsters.
The pension is about 20% of my monthly retirement income.
Imagine that a person can plan his own financial future without the teamsters.
Mind boggling.
You think UPS funded your pension and made you a millionaire out of the kindness of their heart? Stop and think how much your pension and pay would have been without Teamster influence. You should be ashamed of yourself. Sure the Teamsters are not ALL things good but I shutter to think what life at UPS would be like without them. Apparently the only thing that saved your ass was being able to work in your little satellite BOG away from reality.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You think UPS funded your pension and made you a millionaire out of the kindness of their heart? Stop and think how much your pension and pay would have been without Teamster influence. You should be ashamed of yourself. Sure the Teamsters are not ALL things good but I shutter to think what life at UPS would be like without them. Apparently the only thing that saved your ass was being able to work in your little satellite BOG away from reality.
C1357F03-BBB7-42D8-9E27-6F6CC69BB39C.gif

FBE84BF9-560F-4C36-A5F8-34E7F2910B71.gif

satellitedriver

Rod, you are incorrect.
UPS did not make me a millionaire.
As I stated before, my pension is only 20% of my monthly cash flow.
I was offered higher paying non union jobs, but I would have to move from my land and travel.
My little satellite route? You really do not have a clue.
12 hour days was my norm for 19yrs.
I just took the O.T. money and paid off all debt.
Brown bagged my breakfast, lunch and just drank water for all my working life.
My wealth came from saving, study and investing.
My cost per share when I invested in GOOG stock is $75.00 and each share is now worth just under $3,000. 00 per share.
I bought into AMZN at $168.00 a share and now it it is north of $3,500.00 per share.
These are only 2 stocks in my portfolio.
Bought undeveloped cheap land in the Texas Hill country 18yrs ago that is now selling from $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 an acre.
Sold it last year at a hefty profit.
So Rod,
tell me how the teamsters and UPS are the sole reasons for my financial security.
That is the reality that saved my ass.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Before UPS I was averaging 28K a year with miserable benefits, no retirement plan except one I started myself.

After UPS (1993-94) doubled my yearly average for about half the hours, much better bennies and at the time they had a Thrift plan and that evolved to 401k.

Most drivers retire millionaires if they are fortunate enough. What other company drivers can claim that , that are not union?
Most of the non union truck drivers now are making wages we were making 25 YEARS AGO!!!. ( even with the incredible driver shortage )

Last time I visited my hub , drivers were bragging of making 140K a year just on their wages. bennies must be 30-40k more. My last 5 years I averaged 100-105 a year on wages .All with 6 weeks of vacation , 9 sick days and I think there were 8-9 paid holidays. Retired in 2015.

Teamsters negotiated our pension plans. Making a pretty good pension for only 22.5 years of service. Our medical is excellent. ( Western Conference )

I see no comparison and have NO respect for people who benefit without paying for it.

satellitedriver

Nothing like grown people sharing cartoons, to express their emotions instead of an articulate form of communication.
I do not understand the inner angsts/ anger some people possess.
Not my problem, unless they make it mine.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod, you are incorrect.
I was offered higher paying non union jobs, but I would have to move from my land and travel.
My cost per share when I invested in GOOG stock is $75.00 and each share is now worth just under $3,000. 00 per share.
I bought into AMZN at $168.00 a share and now it it is north of $3,500.00 per share.
Bought undeveloped cheap land in the Texas Hill country 18yrs ago that is now selling from $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 an acre.
So Rod,
tell me how the teamsters and UPS are the sole reasons for my financial security.
"IF" you were really working 12 hour days for 19 years UPS was a BIG part of your wealth. Me thinks you exaggerate your story.

satellitedriver

Before UPS I was averaging 28K a year with miserable benefits, no retirement plan except one I started myself.

After UPS (1993-94) doubled my yearly average for about half the hours, much better bennies and at the time they had a Thrift plan and that evolved to 401k.

Most drivers retire millionaires if they are fortunate enough. What other company drivers can claim that , that are not union?
Most of the non union truck drivers now are making wages we were making 25 YEARS AGO!!!. ( even with the incredible driver shortage )

Last time I visited my hub , drivers were bragging of making 140K a year just on their wages. bennies must be 30-40k more. My last 5 years I averaged 100-105 a year on wages .All with 6 weeks of vacation , 9 sick days and I think there were 8-9 paid holidays. Retired in 2015.

Teamsters negotiated our pension plans. Making a pretty good pension for only 22.5 years of service. Our medical is excellent. ( Western Conference )

I see no comparison and have NO respect for people who benefit without paying for it.
How much money did the teamsters put into your pension and benefits?
Zero
Only cost you 2 hours pay a month in dues, from every member, for the privilege of negotiation.
In the1997 UPS proposal contract separated all UPS retirement funds to only go to UPS employee's.
Hoffa was trying to come back into power in that election year and he claimed since Carey received an inheritance of $1.5 million from his father who made the money from UPS that Carey would go soft on the UPS contract negotiations.
In the back room, the strike was mandated beforehand, to make Carey look strong against UPS.
I had connections to people who "knew" people from my bad old days and they clued me into the inner workings.
I changed my life in 1975 and went totally straight.
That's all I will say about that.
From that info, I quit the teamsters.
The quano hit the fan for Carey later.
If the contract was adopted then current UPS retirees would receiving more income and benefits.
I could care less if someone does, or does not, respect me.
I will bet a dollar to a donut hole that I am the only UPS driver that called the 1997 negotiation committees office for info and was on a national radio program discussing the subject.
If the teamsters make you feel safe, stay in the harness.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How much money did the teamsters put into your pension and benefits?
Zero
Only cost you 2 hours pay a month in dues, from every member, for the privilege of negotiation.
In the1997 UPS proposal contract separated all UPS retirement funds to only go to UPS employee's.
Hoffa was trying to come back into power in that election year and he claimed since Carey received an inheritance of $1.5 million from his father who made the money from UPS that Carey would go soft on the UPS contract negotiations.
In the back room, the strike was mandated beforehand, to make Carey look strong against UPS.
I had connections to people who "knew" people from my bad old days and they clued me into the inner workings.
I changed my life in 1975 and went totally straight.
That's all I will say about that.
From that info, I quit the teamsters.
The quano hit the fan for Carey later.
If the contract was adopted then current UPS retirees would receiving more income and benefits.
I could care less if someone does, or does not, respect me.
I will bet a dollar to a donut hole that I am the only UPS driver that called the 1997 negotiation committees office for info and was on a national radio program discussing the subject.
If the teamsters make you feel safe, stay in the harness.
I'm not going to argue with you.
You're from another planet.
You will NEVER understand so there is no point in further discussion.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Rod, you are incorrect.
So Rod,
In that case why not give your pension check back
Only seems fair

satellitedriver

"IF" you were really working 12 hour days for 19 years UPS was a BIG part of your wealth. Me thinks you exaggerate your story.
UPS was the means of my earning money, not the teamsters.
My route had to be split between three drivers when I retired.
Truth does not need to be exaggerated.
I really did work those hours and had to load my pkg car out of a trailer parked in a Wall Mart parking lot in every kind of weather.
From 110 degree heat to 20 degrees with no shelter from the elements.
Just to tickle you thinking I talk BS, it was 19yrs before I ever called in sick.
That was the only day I called in sick in 28 and1/2yrs.
My wife made me call in sick because I could not get out of bed.
Thanks for making my point, UPS paid me and the teamsters never contributed a dime.
I rarely bad mouth UPS, as a whole, but I have had personal confrontations/conversations from division managers down to part time pre load sup's and an occasional physical confrontation with fellow drivers.
My wealth came from not relying on others.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS was the means of my earning money, not the teamsters.
My route had to be split between three drivers when I retired.
Truth does not need to be exaggerated.
I really did work those hours and had to load my pkg car out of a trailer parked in a Wall Mart parking lot in every kind of weather.
From 110 degree heat to 20 degrees with no shelter from the elements.
Just to tickle you thinking I talk BS, it was 19yrs before I ever called in sick.
That was the only day I called in sick in 28 and1/2yrs.
My wife made me call in sick because I could not get out of bed.
Thanks for making my point, UPS paid me and the teamsters never contributed a dime.
I rarely bad mouth UPS, as a whole, but I have had personal confrontations/conversations from division managers down to part time pre load sup's and an occasional physical confrontation with fellow drivers.
My wealth came from not relying on others.
Good lord man---it's getting deep in here.