Retiring Soon Excitement

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
As long as you say “I can only make it X amount of years“ you are not ready to retire. When you say “I can’t make it another year” then you are ready to retire.

nancyg

None of the losers on here are going to retire. They are all LIFERS. We even have part timers on here that have more than 40 years in.
I'm a part timer that checked my pension portal and applied for my retirement the day I was eligible. I will be collection that pension for about 30 years. The women in my family live a long long time. haha.. I'm loving every single day of retirement.

quad decade guy

Raise your hand, who’s retiring in 4 to 5 years? Are you dancing with joy now that your time is so close?
My plan is in 2 years. Dancing? Uh no. My Wife is still recovering from cancer. Free insurance is very important to us right now. Would like to get some cancer free time under our belts(longer better). We'll have to buy insurance until Medicare and we are quite a ways from that. More than 5 years.

BTW, I don't consider 4-5 years "close". I do 2. I think about it every day. To answer your question directly.

However, I'm nibbling at diabetes and that might actually end my career.....I refuse to shift or combo. I'll retire first.

Lastly, 2 years is an extra $250k on the pile. 5 would be $750k......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My plan is in 2 years. Dancing? Uh no. My Wife is still recovering from cancer. Free insurance is very important to us right now. Would like to get some cancer free time under our belts(longer better). We'll have to buy insurance until Medicare and we are quite a ways from that. More than 5 years.

BTW, I don't consider 4-5 years "close". I do 2. I think about it every day. To answer your question directly.

However, I'm nibbling at diabetes and that might actually end my career.....I refuse to shift or combo. I'll retire first.

Lastly, 2 years is an extra $250k on the pile. 5 would be $750k......
2E8787DD-FB3E-47D0-8EEF-2D29D605128D.gif
2E8787DD-FB3E-47D0-8EEF-2D29D605128D.gif

Not Bullying keepin it realz yo

Thebrownblob

Over 40 years in already, one of these days i got to look into setting one of those things up. But dang i just hate paperwork and making phone calls. Just going thru the retirement hassle keeps me keep going to work. To each his own i guess.
Better late than never!