retro check wrong rate

package_pusher

I was paid at the wrong rate for my back pay. Should I file a grievance? My union rep ( haha) took all week to get back to me and is still confused. Now she says file, but I'm not confident she knows what she's talking about. Sup says its not a payroll issue. Who can fix this????!!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You had better file Monday,as you only have a week to file. You need to include the number of hours worked and the rate that you should have been paid at.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company has conceded that there were errors made on some of the retro checks. Shortages will be addressed beginning 6/5 while those who were overpaid will be contacted shortly thereafter.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The company has conceded that there were errors made on some of the retro checks. Shortages will be addressed beginning 6/5 while those who were overpaid will be contacted shortly thereafter.
no disrespect intended,but I would still file if I were in his position as the time limit will expire to file Monday.

UPSGUY72

There isn't a pay rate on my check. They give you hours strait on OT. In my case I times either by .7 or 1.5 and get the totals my totals.

RETRO-OT
RETRO-ST

In your case the number and time frame that you multiply each by might be different if you where due a step raise at sometime since Aug 1, 2013....

UPSGUY72

your pay rate will be on your check stubs,and you can view these on upsers.com .This pay rate should be included in your grievance

there is no pay rate on my retro check stub it just shows # of hours OT and ST and the total pay for those hours if you times the st by .7 and the OT by 1.5 you get the total pay...

javi619

I dont get how they have me down for ST HRS 1044×.70 =730.8 they have me down for $703. OT HRS 187×1.5? =280.5 they have me down for $28. Do they not know how to count ?? I dont get it am i missing something on my math or maybe im just confused. Daamnit

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just think..by the time they figure some of the retro check out it will be August 1st and you will be getting another 70 cent raise....hopefully not screwed up again

Cincypackagehandler

I was hired September 8th 2009 so I went through progression during the contract renegotiations. On September 8th 2013 my pay rate went from 12.00 to 12.99 and when everything got worked out in April my pay rate went from 12.99-13.50 when I felt like it should have went to 13.69 with the 70 cent raise? I only received 51 cent retro pay. Should I have gotten the 70 cent raise and have me retro paid 70 cents per hour?

upschuck

I was hired September 8th 2009 so I went through progression during the contract renegotiations. On September 8th 2013 my pay rate went from 12.00 to 12.99 and when everything got worked out in April my pay rate went from 12.99-13.50 when I felt like it should have went to 13.69 with the 70 cent raise? I only received 51 cent retro pay. Should I have gotten the 70 cent raise and have me retro paid 70 cents per hour?
If the contract would have gone into effect Aug 1, you would have gotten bumped to $13.00, and then $13.50 in Sept. You should have gotten the retro for the difference between these amounts and what you got. Assuming you get the extra dollar for skilled position.

dogs.bite.me

You had better file Monday,as you only have a week to file. You need to include the number of hours worked and the rate that you should have been paid at.

You have 10 days to file.

I found an error, documented it and brought it to my cms attention. He submitted an inquiry and got an email back saying a check would be here for me this week.

Mine was $178 difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cheezie

Working for UPS just under 12 yrs left in April 2014 . Therefore I should get retro pay from august 1st to my last day. No check and no one seems to give me a straight answer. I earned that time just like everyone else