retro check wrong rate

Quigley

Yes, and the reason people get retro is because the contract says they do. Tell me where I am wrong. If you say no, then why didn't people file grievances mid Aug for not getting their raises. If they worked under the new, it says raise, pension, HC, and all other changes started Aug 1, and should have been paid shortly after that time. But since we didn't work under it until Apr 25, everything was paid shortly thereafter.
So the the drivers who started between Aug 1 and April 25th and are claiming that they are under the 3 year progression and not 4, must be right since they started under the old contract

upschuck

So the the drivers who started between Aug 1 and April 25th and are claiming that they are under the 3 year progression and not 4, must be right since they started under the old contract
Since they worked after the new went into effect, then it gets retro'ed. If you worked under the new contract(Apr 25), then you work under the effective date(Aug 1) of it.

Quigley

Ok so if I understand what you are saying is this. If you worked past April 25th then the contract is retroactive back to Aug 1. If however you stopped working, say for example April 24th, then the contract in that case is not retroactive. Have I got it right?

upschuck

Ok so if I understand what you are saying is this. If you worked past April 25th then the contract is retroactive back to Aug 1. If however you stopped working, say for example April 24th, then the contract in that case is not retroactive. Have I got it right?

Ha’an-ji
Haan
Ja
Sim
Да(da)
Ναι
Ano
כן(ken)
howdo
الموافقة.(na’am)
Tak
آرى.
avanu
hai
hanji

Oui
Yes

Can you tell me why, if you never worked under a contract would you get the benefits of that contract?

Quigley

Thats pretty funny. I do enjoy debating with you and respect your opinion since you seem to know what you are talking about most of the time. However in this case I must disagree with you. If the contract is retroactive to Aug 1, then it has to be retroactive to everybody not just to those who work past April 25th. I would agree with you if the contract went into effect on April 25th. But since retroactive means back to Aug 1, then anybody who worked a single day after Aug 1 is entitled to any benefits that the new contract provides.

dogs.bite.me

Quigley I have a quick question for you.

I was hired as FT on September 2012. Was in progression when the raise came down. I originally got the 70¢ raise. My retro was weird and went to management to straighten out. The cut me a check for what I was asking but then dropped my pay 11¢.

According to your earlier post I was entitled to the 70. Since I don't have a contract book, could you point me or tell me what I find my grievance under.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

By The Book

You never worked under the contract that had the raises you are wanting. Therefore, I would be highly surprised if they will pay, so no retro for you.
The way I see it is if he worked from August 1, 2013 to April 2014 he should get retro solely on the fact we thousands of drivers who are still working got a retro check and we didn't work under the contact that had the raises that he wanted.

By The Book

I was hired as FT on September 2012. Was in progression when the raise came down. I originally got the 70¢ raise. My retro was weird and went to management to straighten out. The cut me a check for what I was asking but then dropped my pay 11¢.

According to your earlier post I was entitled to the 70. Since I don't have a contract book, could you point me or tell me what I find my grievance under.

Sounds like your seniority date is September 2012, your in the 3 year progression,and you went to management and they cut you a check? Is this a check they gave you after your retro check? Sounds like payroll feels they overpaid you and are taking a little bit back each week. Did management explain this deduction from your pay? Help me help you.

Quigley

If your seniority date is Sept. 2012, $17.25. If the contract went into effect on Aug 1 like it was supposed to you would have gone to $17.95. Then in Sept 2013 you would have got a raise to $18.45. So right now you should be at $18.45, and get a retro check for .70 from Aug 1 to the day you got the $18.45. If you actually got the $18.45 in Sept then the retro check would only be fromAug 1 to Sept. Article 41 section 1 and 2

upschuck

The way I see it is if he worked from August 1, 2013 to April 2014 he should get retro solely on the fact we thousands of drivers who are still working got a retro check and we didn't work under the contact that had the raises that he wanted.
You only got the raise from the contract that you didn't want only after you worked a day under it.

Quigley

Other then the GWI you wont be getting any raises till you hit full scale. I dont have a clue why they took the .11, you need to ask HR.

dogs.bite.me

I get a raise every year. Locked in at tcd rate so when it goes up mine goes up too. I guess I won't grieve the 11¢decrease.

By The Book

I get a raise every year. Locked in at tcd rate so when it goes up mine goes up too. I guess I won't grieve the 11¢decrease.

Listen to the previous poster and inquire to get it right. It may be right but I think you will feel better knowing either way. Your the one out the money, which applies to overtime as well. It's more 401k money for you if your in it.