Richard Smith gets big FedEx promotion

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thanks Dave
Now get back over to your side of the forum.
5ba8dff6150609776e39687aeaf31eb7.gif

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Worked up? As I said --twice-- I think it's funny. I don't care if you love Smith and his family or hate them, I am entertained by ridiculous thinking, especially when those who engage in it can't even explain why they believe it.
Yes fren.
You just can't help but get your panties in a wad when someone criticizes your dear leader. Sad.
Yeah, Dano really gets 11 shades of pissy when someone criticizes Fred and his family/associates/friends etc.

He takes his job as a Memphis shill seriously.

fedex_rtd

I'm sure Richard Smith was the best qualified "relative" available for that position, as an hourly I really don't care, but if I were a long time salaried employee working as a director or above, the writing would be on the wall that fat Freddy takes care of family before the company. Kinda like the fat orange rat in the White House, taking care of his family first and the nation secondly.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm sure Richard Smith was the best qualified "relative" available for that position, as an hourly I really don't care, but if I were a long time salaried employee working as a director or above, the writing would be on the wall that fat Freddy takes care of family before the company. Kinda like the fat orange rat in the White House, taking care of his family first and the nation secondly.

There weren't any improprieties in any of his other promotions, what makes you think there was with this one?

Empty Pockets

If you were surprised about Mike Pigor's sudden retirement just months after the buy-out, just imagine how surprised he was. It looks like Richard Smith has been moving to the top of the manure pile.
FedEx founder's son lands promotion, moves up corporate ladder at shipping giant

February 12th, he buys the old Gibson factory. How high will he go?
FedEx Logistics moving headquarters to former Gibson Guitar building in Downtown Memphis

February 16th, four days after buying Gibson factory, Bronczek abruptly retires...right before the buy out. Hehe, the stock holders were shocked, but prolly not as shocked as Bronczek.
Bronczek's abrupt retirement as FedEx president, COO sheds light on mandatory retirement policy change - FreightWaves

Are they clearing a path for Richard to just slide into the CEO role? Does this mean that Fred S is looking to step away? Does he have some health issue driving all this? Raj was either hand picked by the future leader or he may be shaking in his boots.

Just a bit more on the Gibson Factory purchase for his personal office, It appears to have been a speedy and underhanded deal because the realtor is suing for 1.4 million dollars
https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2019/08/27/colliers-sues-owners-of-formergibson-guitar.html

Dec 2018 - David Cunningham
FedEx Express President David Cunningham to Retire Dec. 31

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If they want Fred's son as the CEO, they'll install him as CEO. They don't need to beat around the bush to do it. If a non-Fred approved person gets it, expect major changes.