Right ON track 100k+ this year

JL 0513

You're on point I believe I have 2 years left before the top rate hits. As for pay its different from state to state. Here cover driving or full time for the 1st 4 yrs starts at $29 here

So progression for the most part is out the window where you are?? Here in MA, I started driving at $16.10 almost 3 years ago. Then it was $17.xx, $18.xx, $20.xx...until you get to year 3. Then boom, top rate. So here I'm poor, over there you start almost top rate right away? Total crap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So progression for the most part is out the window where you are?? Here in MA, I started driving at $16.10 almost 3 years ago. Then it was $17.xx, $18.xx, $20.xx...until you get to year 3. Then boom, top rate. So here I'm poor, over there you start almost top rate right away? Total crap.

He is a TCD.

JL 0513

He is a TCD.

"Temp Cover Driver"? Not sure of the acronym.

He said he's a full time "swinger". A term we don't use. All we have are full time drivers and then air drivers. Cover drivers, like me, are simply the full timers without bid routes.

I still don't understand why his pay rate is what it is. He's a full time driver. Full time drivers are supposed do be in 3 or 4 year progressions with figures stated in contract. What am I missing?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have no desire to make 100k. Im cool wit 80k n anything above that is whatever. If your making 100k a year that only means 1 thing to me, WORKING TOO GOSH DARN MUCH lol. I was cool with that when i was younger but nowadays, forget that junk lol.

work harder = max out retirement funds = easy life after 50

or like most people buy dumb :censored2:, save nothing work till 75 and hate life

id work 60+ hours a week if UPS allowed.. i hit 59.5 this week with a cool $800 going into my 401k the week

Mr.Golden

I said I have 2 years left before I hit top pay. 29.24 is the pay rate for cover drivers and starting full timers. That only applies to those who started in the warehouse but if u are hired straight off the street its $18 and some change I believe. Not sure what the steps are for going that path.

JL 0513

I said I have 2 years left before I hit top pay. 29.24 is the pay rate for cover drivers and starting full timers. That only applies to those who started in the warehouse but if u are hired straight off the street its $18 and some change I believe. Not sure what the steps are for going that path.

I know you said you weren't yet at top rate but $29.xx is pretty close for a new driver. I still don't know how this is possible and why a local like yours could be so different and unfair to most other locals.

I worked local sort for almost 6 years to become a driver. When I finally did, it was $16.10 less than 3 years ago. Then...

Seniority - $17.25
1 year - $18.45
2 years - $20.75
3 years - top rate

This is for internal promotion to driver.

How can UPS pay a new driver $29 an hour in one place and $16 in another under the same circumstances? We aren't talking a couple of bucks here or there.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I know you said you weren't yet at top rate but $29.xx is pretty close for a new driver. I still don't know how this is possible and why a local like yours could be so different and unfair to most other locals.

I worked local sort for almost 6 years to become a driver. When I finally did, it was $16.10 less than 3 years ago. Then...

Seniority - $17.25
1 year - $18.45
2 years - $20.75
3 years - top rate

This is for internal promotion to driver.

How can UPS pay a new driver $29 an hour in one place and $16 in another under the same circumstances? We aren't talking a couple of bucks here or there.
Different locals across the country have different rules just the way it is. Ill give you an example, where im at we are in same local as 1 in a big city, but there in the city they have 25 and out at any age or you can roll out at age 50 i believe, but here its 30 years or age 55. Doesnt make any sense at all. I asked the local union guy that comes in like once a month why we were different than them since we are in the same local. His explanation which still doesnt make any sense and still kind of dont understand it, well sort of i do is, our finances or treasury are in a different location or bank or what have ya. Pretty LAMO if you ask me. So now i have to figure out how the hell im going to be able to survive physically for another 11 years lol. Bunch of BS really.

JL 0513

Different locals across the country have different rules just the way it is. Ill give you an example, where im at we are in same local as 1 in a big city, but there in the city they have 25 and out at any age or you can roll out at age 50 i believe, but here its 30 years or age 55. Doesnt make any sense at all. I asked the local union guy that comes in like once a month why we were different than them since we are in the same local. His explanation which still doesnt make any sense and still kind of dont understand it, well sort of i do is, our finances or treasury are in a different location or bank or what have ya. Pretty LAMO if you ask me. So now i have to figure out how the hell im going to be able to survive physically for another 11 years lol. Bunch of BS really.

I realize the many differences among locals but some of this is so unbalanced it's ridiculous. We are are talking $30,000 a year difference - same job, same company but because of local union agreements, one guy gets a good life, the other a tough life.

I'm just put off by this because I've been supporting a family of 4 (only income) for the last 3 years barely making ends meet. Yet, if I was in this other area I wouldn't be wondering how I'm going to pay bills this week. I know life isn't fair but shouldn't it be a bit more fair within the same company?