Right to Work Laws

10 point

And my point is that this "extra" pay is outside of and beyond what the Union negotiated.

Since this thread is about what the Union provides and how non-union employees should not get Union benefits.
I got your point monkey butt!!!
Thank you for your point.
Great point. Point on. OK.
But...

the "extras" in selected areas are to retain workers as i said and the part timers aren't breaking their backs for "beer money".

There's easier jobs with less accountability elsewhere. UPS is seen as the means to an end for many.

I strongly choose closed shop over RTW, but what if a petition was started to make changes to RTW laws that prevented membership services to used by non-members? The Right Wing claim that RTW is fairness and freedom to choose, but if we ask for fairness on not allowing membership privileges to be stolen?

I strongly choose closed shop over RTW, but what if a petition was started to make changes to RTW laws that prevented membership services to used by non-members? The Right Wing claim that RTW is fairness and freedom to choose, but if we ask for fairness on not allowing membership privileges to be stolen?
Start voting out GOP at will and get your friends involved. All these republican governors and their right to work agendas. Start making all GOP pay. They are such a small minority of Americans. Yet we let them push us around. Hit em at the polls.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A RTW work law that excluded non union members from union negotiated benefits would be pointless, because who would choose to work the same job for less money?

Method$

Right to work has motivated me. Yes it sucks ass. But maybe it'll get some of us off our ass. Take pride in what you do, understand why you get what you do.

Right to work has motivated me. Yes it sucks ass. But maybe it'll get some of us off our ass. Take pride in what you do, understand why you get what you do.
One of the ways RTW has motivated me to learn about what a piece of crap the GOP is and how they want to take away me and my families good life.

A RTW work law that excluded non union members from union negotiated benefits would be pointless, because who would choose to work the same job for less money?
Yes, but it will offer a win/win solution to that propaganda that they push and it will push scabs to become members

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes, but it will offer a win/win solution to that propaganda that they push and it will push scabs to become members
You don't get it. The folks who write RTW legislation have zero interest in helping unions, quite the opposite in fact. They will never in a million years write legislation that actually encourages workers to unionize. The only real answer to "RTW" is a closed shop.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If I were a union in a RTW state, I would work to keep dues as low as possible. Why pay an extra grand a year if I can get the same benefits without being in the union?

You don't get it. The folks who write RTW legislation have zero interest in helping unions, quite the opposite in fact. They will never in a million years write legislation that actually encourages workers to unionize. The only real answer to "RTW" is a closed shop.
I totally understand that RTW is the main form of union busting.I get that... but if we offer a solution to that fairy tale propaganda about workers shouldnt be forced what response would they have to this idea. Once the non-members realize that their pay and benefits suck they will be quick to join

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
Pieces of crap GOP republicans started right to work in the 1940 to gut labor unions. If you make your living in a union craft the GOP is your enemy. If you aren't in The top 1% financially you are a GOP pawn if you support this. Right to work cuts everyone's pay and benefits across the board. Voting republican falls into the GOP master plan to end your way of life.
So true

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I totally understand that RTW is the main form of union busting.I get that... but if we offer a solution to that fairy tale propaganda about workers shouldnt be forced what response would they have to this idea. Once the non-members realize that their pay and benefits suck they will be quick to join
Who will introduce this legislation? How will it get passed? RTW legislation gets enacted into law by state legislatures where right wing anti worker politicians have gained control. In that environment the legislation you're proposing doesn't stand a chance of making it out of committee. The real answer is to elect pro worker politicians who will repeal RTW root and branch.