Right to work numbers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone know what percentage of eligible UPS employees choose to not join the union in RTW states?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i would guess 80% or higher for insiders

drivers though, much lower probably under 15%

this is just my opinion based on my own experience, ymmv

brownelf

I'm sure it varies by area, our state went RTW a few years ago and as far as package car drivers I've only had one new driver tell me he didn't want to join our local. He got fired a few months later for a sheeting air pkg before getting to stop, never even asked me for representation just walked out. Not one person has opted out thanks to the way UPS has been micromanaging and harassing at an ever increasing level. Getting a correct number would be difficult due to the company won't provide a list of new employees to our local. I joined the safety committee for the opportunity to mentor the new employees and to have the chance to talk with them about the benefits of being a union member, that was the only way for me to keep track of who was or wasn't joining the local.

brownelf

Yes, but as you know anything with UPS is a constantly changing dynamic. Especially on anything new, which is RTW at this time. We recently combined with another smaller local when they were unable to keep their doors open due to declining membership.

Faceplanted

The union conspiracy people think rtw will have people not wanting to join

It's absolute bs, every driver I know in my 3 center building is a dues paying member except 1.

People don't want to join because of unfair representation and concessions, not because of rtw. So let's stop blaming rtw when the problem is actually what the union has to offer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
People don't want to join because of unfair representation and concessions, not because of rtw. So let's stop blaming rtw when the problem is actually what the union has to offer.

If you're not a Union Member....

You can't vote.

Put your money, where your mouth is.

Join, and you will have a say.

Or.... continue to be UPS's little bitch.

-Bug-

anHOURover

It's absolute bs, every driver I know in my 3 center building is a dues paying member except 1.

BEST POST EVER POSTED ON HERE
FACT

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

I was in a building where 2 out of 50 PTer were in the union and about half of the drivers.