Right to work numbers

Faceplanted

I got a disagree.... like I said all the rtw fear mongering is just that. People will join the union this day in age where corporations try to screw us every day

Part timers don't join and why would they. Pay them poverty wages and 10-15 bucks a week is a huge amount. Maybe if the union looked out for them they would pay. We screwed them over the past 3 contracts and this is exactly what we get. No part time union participation in rtw states

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm gonna go watch the 911 one again so I can laugh at how stupid he is. They're good for laughs, that's about it. #wacko. #shortbus. # Loser.

We can all laugh at @anHOURover.

There is a degree of stupidity, ridiculous thoughts, and outright nonsense.

When it comes down to it;

He pays dues, and is entitled to representation.

Lets' hope he doesn't "wear out his welcome card" in discharge situations.

Just say'n....

-Bug-

542thruNthru

Why don't people just embed the ridiculous vidos on here for all to see. He is posting them on youtube right? I don't see how posting them would be against the TOS. YouTube videos are posted on here all the time. Though I may be wrong. @cheryl ?

10 Pt

I got a disagree.... like I said all the rtw fear mongering is just that. People will join the union this day in age where corporations try to screw us every day

Part timers don't join and why would they. Pay them poverty wages and 10-15 bucks a week is a huge amount. Maybe if the union looked out for them they would pay. We screwed them over the past 3 contracts and this is exactly what we get. No part time union participation in rtw states
This is untrue logic.
They don't vote in large numbers so who screws whom?
They need the money but fail to help themselves.

Inthegame

In this age? When in the history of corporations did they not screw with employees?
RTW is solely structured to silence workers voices and weaken bargaining power. Anyone not understanding this must have been 'faceplanted' repeatedly as a child.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We can all laugh at @anHOURover
When it comes down to it;
He pays dues, and is entitled to representation.
Lets' hope he doesn't "wear out his welcome card" in discharge situations.
Just say'n....

-Bug-
It is a thought process in my Local that the only true duty our agents and officers is to get every discharged employee back to work, often at the expense of the rest of the membership and the collective bargaining agreement.

As "horse traders", these guys are branded and have handcuffed themselves from being affective in any other aspect of the job, and I think it's a huge disservice to those who report for work daily and do the job as prescribed.

Getting discharges reduced or thrown out is certainly an important task, but it must be done within the confines of the case, not settled via quid pro quo.

Sometimes these employees are guilty, just as the Company is often guilty in filed grievances.
It is simply unrealistic to think we can save them all.

~Bbbl~™

Faceplanted

This is untrue logic.
They don't vote in large numbers so who screws whom?
They need the money but fail to help themselves.
They used to vote in large numbers. Ups and the union both systemically pooped on part timers. If you started at ups now you would not join at part time.

When we throw them down the river for the past 20 years, don't expect them to think that they can change anything.

If we looked out for our "brothers"they wouldn't make minimum wage or have to wait 1 year for insurance.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is a thought process in my Local that the only true duty our agents and officers have is to get every discharged employee back to work, often at the expense of the rest of the membership and the collective bargaining agreement.

Some agents and Locals, get fixated on trying to appease the Labor Dept.

thinking it will reduce exposure to financial liability, if they lose.

Not knowing everyones motivation;

"Some" look at it, as a way of securing votes for the next election.

The only problem with that train of thought, is you will always have

more grievances than discharge cases. Go figure.

Getting discharges reduced or thrown out is certainly an important task, but it must be done within the confines of the case, not settled via quid pro quo.

Absolutely.... 100%.

All cases should be based on their merit.

Sometimes these employees are guilty, It is simply unrealistic to think we can save them all.

You seek alternatives to discharge.

But, not at the expense of other members.

-Bug-

10 Pt

They used to vote in large numbers. Ups and the union both systemically pooped on part timers. If you started at ups now you would not join at part time.

When we throw them down the river for the past 20 years, don't expect them to think that they can change anything.

If we looked out for our "brothers"they wouldn't make minimum wage or have to wait 1 year for insurance.
WHO the heck is "we"?
You use that term like we're all involved in this and that's bullcrap.

The part-timers are not without recourse. They could crush a CBA if they all voted for their own issues. You act like they're defenseless and not allowed to vote and I say that's bullcrap too and a cop out.
They are a victim of their own choosing because they don't vote in large numbers except for Local 89 and we see what that got them.

Before you blame the rest of us for part-timers not voting take a look at the percentages in your own local and tell me that the part-timers are being coached not to vote for their own issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We will be holding contract proposal meetings throughout our local in September. I am certain that I will be able to count the number of PTers in attendance without having to take off my socks and shoes.