RIP Brother

automaticP1300

On Friday February 12 a driver from our center spent his last moments on Earth in his package car. Apparently from a massive heart attack. Driver was only 38 and leaves behind a wife and young daughter. As much as we deal with everyday let us all take a moment and think of the one that didn't get home on Friday.
image.jpeg

JL 0513

38, unbelievable. Hope his family is taken care of.

I'm around that age and it makes you think. Once you have kids, as I have two little ones, you think about your mortality all the time. I didn't before I had kids. You want to be there to take care of them and give them a good life.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
That is so sad to hear.
Just a suggestion on how the work group can help take care of this driver's family.
In the past in our center we have been able to donate sick time or vacation time in cases such as this. It might be something to consider. Any little bit will help in this time of need.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is so sad to hear.
Just a suggestion on how the work group can help take care of this driver's family.
In the past in our center we have been able to donate sick time or vacation time in cases such as this. It might be something to consider. Any little bit will help in this time of need.

First of all, I echo the thoughts of the others and will keep his family in my prayers.

Secondly, I have long advocated that our contract be amended to allow for the donation of personal, sick and vacation to a member who has been or will be out of work for an extended period of time for a non-work related injury or illness; however, I don't see how this would benefit the spouse or family of a member who passes away.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
First of all, I echo the thoughts of the others and will keep his family in my prayers.

Secondly, I have long advocated that our contract be amended to allow for the donation of personal, sick and vacation to a member who has been or will be out of work for an extended period of time for a non-work related injury or illness; however, I don't see how this would benefit the spouse or family of a member who passes away.
They will be paid out on what he has accrued. A little extra from his fellow work group would not hurt.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
That is so sad to hear.

We've done this here a few times and while it's always been for an ill person, it was basically just a transfer of signed checks made up just for this purpose. I'm not sure they can do it after death, but it's a great idea. I'm sure they could use the help.

automaticP1300

We have taken up collections for the family. I wish there was more that we could do.

I was surprised by management on this one. They actually pulled his package car from service (the one you see pictured above). They had grief counselors on hand. But get this - they gave drivers grief (I know of at least 2 who called in to attend his services), but then no less than 6 managers went to the funeral.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have taken up collections for the family. I wish there was more that we could do.

I was surprised by management on this one. They actually pulled his package car from service (the one you see pictured above). They had grief counselors on hand. But get this - they gave drivers grief (I know of at least 2 who called in to attend his services), but then no less than 6 managers went to the funeral.
That's terrible.. .such a shame. If his family has a gofundme page....I'll pass the link along to some Brown brother friends of mine who I know will be glad to donate. Every little bit helps.....

automaticP1300

To my knowledge I'm not aware of a gofundme for the family. If one is started I'll gladly post it here. I wasn't close with the driver, we knew each other by name and griped about Orion and dispatches with each other. I simply pass the information along in an attempt to remind our brown brothers and sisters that tomorrow is never promised.