Road Rage!

Zowert

I had a guy follow me to the center (I was only a half mile away) when he got pissed because the truck revved up when he got in the turn lane and I passed him. He was fuming. I told him that it's an automatic and it weighs a lot and his turn was on a steep hill so the truck had to downshift just to maintain the same speed. It was just odd timing, not malicious. He apologized, but little things can really set people off.

Also, never honk at someone because you're pissed at them for their actions (when in uniform). Save the horn for someone who might hit you. Nothing good can come from honking at someone who has already passed you.
Man that was ridiculous, following you back to the building over your engine’s RPM’s. That is next level insecurity right there.

I didn’t honk because I was pissed, it was an instinctive honk. Like “Oh crap I’m gonna hit this guy“ hit the brakes and horn at the same time. I’ve been doing this job for a while now so nothing on the road really bothers me let alone pisses me off. I let everything roll, unless you rev your engine as you pass me. Then I’ll follow you to your place of employment!

Zowert

We need cheap labor because we don’t manufacture, just consume.
Capitalism relies on cheap labor in general but this is right, post-WWII the U.S. economy flourished because of the manufacturing industry. You could drop out of high school, get a job in a factory and afford to buy a house to raise a family in. The middle class was doing very well for itself until the end of the Cold War. Now everything is manufactured in China or India because they’re willing to work 60 hours a week for a sack of rice.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Capitalism relies on cheap labor in general but this is right, post-WWII the U.S. economy flourished because of the manufacturing industry. You could drop out of high school, get a job in a factory and afford to buy a house to raise a family in. The middle class was doing very well for itself until the end of the Cold War. Now everything is manufactured in China or India because they’re willing to work 60 hours a week for a sack of rice.
A lot of crap comes for Mexico too.

Over70irregs

This country is founded upon exploiting labor and had laws geared towards it. China is in a rare position of turning from manufacturing to consumption while having a high population. India is up next in population explosion. Africa is the pinnacle gem as you can see from the news. They have vast majority of resources and land. They were cut up for a reason. Now the world is on notice.

DriverNerd

I didn’t honk because I was pissed, it was an instinctive honk. Like “Oh crap I’m gonna hit this guy“ hit the brakes and horn at the same time.
Ok, I can believe that. :censored2: happens fast when driving. Still have to be careful with the general public because road rage has become so much worse.

Zowert

Ok, I can believe that. :censored2: happens fast when driving. Still have to be careful with the general public because road rage has become so much worse.
Yeah, I heard people are going out of their way and following you because they didn’t like the way you passed them. I thought getting mad over a horn was bad, there are some extremely fragile egos out there and a lot of them are gun owners.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Especially cheap labor. There is a reason 98% of the landscapers you see are Hispanic.
Say what you want about the Hispanics but they will work their asses off
I hired 2 from the Home Depot parking lot a few years ago to help clear and burn some brush
Couldn’t have asked for better workers
I paid $10 an hour plus $50 bonus for each

Zowert

Say what you want about the Hispanics but they will work their asses off
I hired 2 from the Home Depot parking lot a few years ago to help clear and burn some brush
Couldn’t have asked for better workers
I paid $10 an hour plus $50 bonus for each
They are very hard workers, they just don’t realize how bad they’re getting exploited.

PT Car Washer

I was in a similar situation where it did turn into a customer complaint. LP always referred to complainant as a customer. I also disagreed with LP's description.