Road Test in an automatic

The Milkman

Had to carry an ice scraper to scrape :censored2: on the inside to see out of

Ahhh the good old days

Little do the rookies today know what we went through when they get in the newer trucks with a nice seat, lower step, power steering, better lighting, int. wipers, good heat, metal shelves (no splinters lol from the old ones, or the crappy bulkhead doors) and of course automatics so any knucklehead can drive, when I hung it up I don't think they were around, only in the small econo vans from way back, and paper maps, file cards and a clip board with carbon paper, that when wet the pens would skip and also freeze up in the dead of winter while trying to read a blue faded 6 digit shippers number with purple smeared ink LOL

Box Ox

Little do the rookies today know what we went through when they get in the newer trucks with a nice seat, lower step, power steering, better lighting, int. wipers, good heat, metal shelves (no splinters lol from the old ones, or the crappy bulkhead doors) and of course automatics so any knucklehead can drive, when I hung it up I don't think they were around, only in the small econo vans from way back, and paper maps, file cards and a clip board with carbon paper, that when wet the pens would skip and also freeze up in the dead of winter while trying to read a blue faded 6 digit shippers number with purple smeared ink LOL

Maybe the old timers at my center are just kidding. But it sounds like they'd trade in their shiny new "lap of luxury" trucks for their old timey rides if they could just have reasonable workdays and reasonable weight limits again.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Maybe the old timers at my center are just kidding. But it sounds like they'd trade in their shiny new "lap of luxury" trucks for their old timey rides if they could just have reasonable workdays and reasonable weight limits again.

Hell no! I'll keep my brand new p6300. My no power steering, brakes, and heat days are long gone. The old p600 were tanks thru the snow. Now when we get 6 inches of snow they call us in. Nice to have heat when you sit in the truck at a diner. During a snow storm. The customers come to me and grab the boxes from me. Plus neighbors packages.

GenericUsername

Man, you guys can have all that cold weather while delivering. I'll take the heat of Florida's summer and drink 3 gallons a day to stay cool than have to bundle up and deal with snow, wet feet, freezing wind, icey roads and the like... Forget that! It's funny though, if it hits 70 degrees or lower, most of the drivers in our center are wearing pants. I can only imagine the layers you all put on up North.

The Milkman

Man, you guys can have all that cold weather while delivering. I'll take the heat of Florida's summer and drink 3 gallons a day to stay cool than have to bundle up and deal with snow, wet feet, freezing wind, icey roads and the like... Forget that! It's funny though, if it hits 70 degrees or lower, most of the drivers in our center are wearing pants. I can only imagine the layers you all put on up North.

I had a pretty rural route, maybe 105 stops, 120 pkgs, a few light pickups, 120-130 miles of driving, mostly residential so between stops the cab got a chance to warm up, I did many city routes in my day, hoofing packages back and forth across main streets, only to come back to a cold cab, then go 1/2 a mile and get out again. I moved out here to Arizona never to feel the cold again, of course if I want cold I could drive 3 hours north to Flagstaff LOL

GenericUsername

Don't worry, we're sweating year round down here. I'd rather have a few months of not sweating and having to bundle to be honest. Sucks having to take a towel to work every single day and drinking 2 gallons of water without taking a leak.

MC0493

That's why I like it up here, by the end of summer it's nice to enjoy cooler fall weather. Snow sucks but you figure out how to make it work, and then the warmth of spring is a welcome feeling after the dead of winter.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Leave one chain mark now and they charge you with a accident. We do nothing now in the snow.
So if you break a chain and it damages the vehicke they charge you with an accident? Chains break all the time, and where we are at they are a must have in the winter. Our cars are so beat up you couldn't tell a new scratch or mark from an old one anyways.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

I'm one of those drivers that runs with shorts on all year. It does help to have a working heater blasting towards the floor (heat rises)

I agree that heat trumps cold, though.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So if you break a chain and it damages the vehicke they charge you with an accident? Chains break all the time, and where we are at they are a must have in the winter. Our cars are so beat up you couldn't tell a new scratch or mark from an old one anyways.
If you make a driveway hole or if the truck hits or slides, we get charged.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Eh?

My chicken legs look fine, Yas?

download.jpg

I'm based on production, not paid by the hour, so I hustle... If my twig n berries start to get ice crystals on em, I'm not moving fast enuff