RockyRogue Update

browniehound

Like , who really cares?

I actually care. Rocky has been a nice contrubutor to BC over the years that I've been here and I have always enjoyed reading his posts.

Rocky, congrats on achieving your master's degree, no easy task to say the least! Do you really want to live in Fargo though? I'm just asking. I sort of know where you are coming from, its not always about the weather. If I had your options I still wouldn't leave Boston for anywhere else in the world!

Seems like you already made up your mind so I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. You did what many people at UPS wish they could do-you left on your terms into a field you like. Keep in touch,

Brownie:peaceful:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I actually care. Rocky has been a nice contrubutor to BC over the years that I've been here and I have always enjoyed reading his posts.

Thanks, Brownie. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't surprised people complained about my post. I guess people have different ways of expressing their jealousy, eh?

Rocky, congrats on achieving your master's degree, no easy task to say the least! Do you really want to live in Fargo though?

Not an easy task considering what percentage of the population tries for a Masters, let alone completes it. I'm happy with that. Lets just say that while Fargo was not my first choice, its beats unemployment all hollow. I think I've told you my profession, right? These jobs almost universally require relocation, particularly for the first job. A means to an end is what this position is. I can go into further detail in a PM, Brownie. Send me one and I'll try to sketch out my 'strategic vision.' Its one of those things I really need to spend some more time shaping.

Seems like you already made up your mind so I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. You did what many people at UPS wish they could do-you left on your terms into a field you like.

Yeah, I have made up my mind. In all honesty, there will be tears in my eyes as that plane rumbles airborne in July. I love this city almost as much as you love Boston, sir. I realize that's kind of strange but its true. I'm just bored, restless and in need of a new experience. I will be back in the West when I'm ready to settle down. I'd like to raise a family in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah or Wyoming. -Rocky

P.S.: I have a four day workweek, Brownie. A hub airport is 30 minutes flight time from Fargo. Let's just say Boston, D.C. and one or two other cities might earn a visit in the next 6 months :). I'll communicate if its Boston so you can hide :wink2: (KIDDING!!)

Last edited:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You will be closer to Bullwinkle He`s from canada right ? Reunited at last. Best of luck with your knew job eh.

Don't know where he's from to be 100% honest. The 'Rocky' in my username came from other sources (region I currently reside, the movie Rocky, etc). Regardless, thanks for the congrats :happy2:. I'll think of the Brits every morning as I sip hot tea. It gets COLD in the Great White North! lol. -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Aim your eyes to the horizon and go there.
When you reach your destination, you will know it.
Na colla, na croin.

The Horizon Express is alive, Satellite :happy2:.

I know I'll find a place I'm very happy. I read or heard somewhere that ambitious people want to work for the same type of organization. Mid-sized businesses are a great example of this. A company on Browniehound's route in Boston today with 1 office in Massachussets and another in New York City may have a large distribution warehouse on Tooner's route in Ohio in 2 or 3 years, a division office near Sammie's hubby's feeder route in Denver in 4 years and a regional office off UK-Guy's route in Southern California in a little over 5 years. An innovative, growth minded company is the type I would LOVE to work for. I think that is my horizon. I'll know I'm interested when I see the job ad and know I've found my horizon after meeting people that work for the company. I'm prepared for this to be a long time coming but I know I'll find just what I'm looking for.

Sorry for the rant. I'm sure I'll pay for this in short order. -Rocky

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
"You Can Pick Your Friends, And You Can Pick Your Nose, But You Can't Pick Your Friend's Nose"

Words to live by.

Not kidding at all - I can actually feel my brain cells dying trying to learn something while reading this thread .....

New Englander

I only voted for you to leave because of this latest poll/post. A poll like this shows a serious lack of maturity.

It makes me doubt that your last post honestly was just a bad choice of words.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Rocky

Its always good to hear from people that can prove there is life after/outside of UPS.

My respect for getting your masters. That is something earned that no one can ever take away.

Congrats.

d