Rolling over old pension.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I am going to go with a rollover to my 401k. I don't want to open an ira just for this money. I have no use for an ira besides this money as my income disqualifies me for an ira tax deduction and I don't want this random account just sitting there. I do have a Roth ira but it may or may not be possible to covert it and since I already started the 401k rollover I'll just go with that

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a pension from a previous employer and they are doing away with it so I have to decide what I want to do with it. My plan was just to roll it over to my UPS 401k and I actually already started the process. My question is if it could be possible to roll it over to my pension instead if that is even possible. The amount is 13k and I'm 35 yrs old. Thanks in advance
You come to the Wall Street Center for sound financial advice?

BLvoPk.gif

IESucks

I have a pension from a previous employer and they are doing away with it so I have to decide what I want to do with it. My plan was just to roll it over to my UPS 401k and I actually already started the process. My question is if it could be possible to roll it over to my pension instead if that is even possible. The amount is 13k and I'm 35 yrs old. Thanks in advance
Ask ups retirement dept. the end

IESucks

Thank you everyone for your advice. I am going to go with a rollover to my 401k. I don't want to open an ira just for this money. I have no use for an ira besides this money as my income disqualifies me for an ira tax deduction and I don't want this random account just sitting there. I do have a Roth ira but it may or may not be possible to covert it and since I already started the 401k rollover I'll just go with that
Yaaaawwwnn