Roswell, GA hub/ new hub in parking lot

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea it would be funny but the best way to go out is with class. With all we put into this job we should go out in a way that best represents who we are as people.

Our most recent retiree did not go out in style. He was fine in the morning. He had turned down the request for a retirement party, opting instead for a low-key affair with bagels for the drivers. It was when he got off road that things went downhill. I guess they sent him out heavy and he let them know in no uncertain terms how he felt about that so his last impression at UPS was not a positive one in the least, which was a shame as he was a good driver and person.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They are building a new permanent 65 car facility in our employee parking lot, supposedly it will have its own slic so the hubs can build dedicated loads for it.

Our most recent retiree did not go out in style. He was fine in the morning. He had turned down the request for a retirement party, opting instead for a low-key affair with bagels for the drivers. It was when he got off road that things went downhill. I guess they sent him out heavy and he let them know in no uncertain terms how he felt about that so his last impression at UPS was not a positive one in the least, which was a shame as he was a good driver and person.

If management had such little professionalism ,courtesy, and respect for a retiring driver then it it is perfectly acceptable for he to take one look at that bulked load, go change in the locker room, and come back and toss the keys to the mgr with instructions on where to put them.

My management group aren't perfect by any means but thankfully they'll treat retiring drivers the way they deserve.

One of the coolest things I saw on a drivers last day was. The center manager put another driver ,in the car with him. So he could say goodbye to all his customers(he was on that route forever) Every once in awhile,their is a ray of sunshine!

Most of our guys will go hours only so they can say bye to their coworkers and make a cake run and call it a day. Then they will come back on their official day for a cake/pizza lunch with the feeder group.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of our guys will go hours only so they can say bye to their coworkers and make a cake run and call it a day. Then they will come back on their official day for a cake/pizza lunch with the feeder group.

That's the way it used to be here as well but staffing issues have changed all that.

It wasn't like he was out until 8 or 9 that night. He was in at his regular time---he just felt he should have been lightened up as it was his last day. Keep in mind this is the same week that they called me twice trying to get me to come in off vacation so we were stretched thin as it was.

That's the way it used to be here as well but staffing issues have changed all that.

It wasn't like he was out until 8 or 9 that night. He was in at his regular time---he just felt he should have been lightened up as it was his last day. Keep in mind this is the same week that they called me twice trying to get me to come in off vacation so we were stretched thin as it was.

Still it's his last day. Brick me out and I'll walk. What'll they do, fire me?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Still it's his last day. Brick me out and I'll walk. What'll they do, fire me?
Knew a driver on his next to last day walk because they gave him a ridiculous split. An onroad called him the next day (his last day) and told him he better call in sick because the center manager was going to fire him.

If management had such little professionalism ,courtesy, and respect for a retiring driver then it it is perfectly acceptable for he to take one look at that bulked load, go change in the locker room, and come back and toss the keys to the mgr with instructions on where to put them.

My management group aren't perfect by any means but thankfully they'll treat retiring drivers the way they deserve.
I'm part of a pretty good local and it shows. Our retires are treated first class with flowers for the wives and daughters and gifts for the retiree's and there sons.

I'm part of a pretty good local and it shows. Our retires are treated first class with flowers for the wives and daughters and gifts for the retiree's and there sons.

Same here. And it's not been too much of a stretch for a driver to take a family member for a lap of the yard in his tractor.

Out steward filed a grievance last year because drivers were coming in on their vacations during the summer. Now you can't do it.