Route Bid

Tony Q

My husband went feeder driver and is currently under probation. Prior to that he was on a route that belonged to another feeder driver and they waited for about a year to put it up for bid during that time he was on that route every week because no one wanted it. When the route did go up for bid they only allowed bidding during one week. It just so happened to be the week he was on nights and only had exactly 34 hours in between work “weeks”. He is currently in a different building and he was not aware that route was up for bid until the original driver told him it was open 2 days ago. He tried to bid yesterday and a sup told him bidding was closed after only one week and a driver with less seniority won. He doesn’t always work feeder they do send him back some days. My question is how long are bids supposed to stay open? Or is it sup discretion?
Over the years I've had a lot of mothers and wives call in for their sone, husband. I'm curious why he doesn't ask himself.

Ella8700

My ex wife said don’t he have any friends that could of let him know it went up for bid.

He started working for UPS out of one hub, when he went driving it was out of a different building that needed drivers. The supervisors and other drivers honestly never cared for him (seems to be that way in the hubs out here) in the past supervisors have text him asking if he wanted to bid weekly, or to ask him if he is available to come in, if he isn’t working feeder that day. The driver that won is a native to that building, who is thick with the sups. They text him weekly to ask if he’s available to come in and even track his hours worked feeder so it seems like b.s. to me they did not text about the route. The drivers that he did get along with have also gone feeder on the last 3 months.

Ella8700

Honestly they text him 5 days into FMLA to ask if he was working on a Tuesday, they call and ask if he can come in if he’s not working feeder, they track the hours he works feeder, but did not call or text about the route. To me it feels like they intentionally did not say anything about it.
I thought that bids were supposed to be up for 48 hours. If not, they are supposed to have a date and time for start and end. Also, not sure if it is a contract thing.... in my building, bids are hung on Friday morning and pulled on Tuesday morning.
I suspect that the OPs husband has a crappy relationship with his bosses. My bosses texted me during a 3 week vacation to ask if I was interested in bidding a route.
Should be able to grieve it.
t

Tony Q

Same guy’s that let the boss walk all over them
Yes, that and maybe he isn't telling her something and she is looking here to catch him. I Would never deal with someones mom or wife/girlfriend, the aren't the ones paying dues or putting in the work. The don't have a understanding of how UPS works. Now if it's an issue where they are incapacitated for medical reasons thats a different story. Other than that its a marital issue, and who wants to get in the middle of that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Thank you

What area of the country are you in ?

The language varies by Regional supplements, and even Local Riders.

One thing is universal, the company is not obligated to notify an employee of a bid

being posted. At the very least.... just pick up the phone and call.

-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
A few people quoted my earlier post, I was wrong. Bids are hung for 5 days in my building. Typically they are hung on a Thursday and pulled on Wednesday. The bid includes the date and time it is posted and the date and time it will be taken down.
My point is that my bosses hang bids so that if a person is on vacation, they see them. My bosses have also texted me when I was on vacation to see if I was interested in a bid. I have texted others about bids and they have responded, "Boss already texted me about it, thanks."
It says a lot that even though the OPs spouse had been running the route for some time, no one, not a boss, not a coworker, thought to text him.