Route bidding

Lates

I have an idea of how the process works but how long after bidding should it take to find out who gets it. I ask because we had an open route for bidding a month ago and still hasn’t had anyone put on it. Seems to be causing a log jam for those of us at the bottom waiting to see what will open for us. I was hired for a route a few months ago but have basically been a swing since I started kind of ready to have a route since I don’t get swing pay.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have an idea of how the process works but how long after bidding should it take to find out who gets it. I ask because we had an open route for bidding a month ago and still hasn’t had anyone put on it. Seems to be causing a log jam for those of us at the bottom waiting to see what will open for us. I was hired for a route a few months ago but have basically been a swing since I started kind of ready to have a route since I don’t get swing pay.
They should have known by the end of Friday and at latest Monday after bidding ended. Ask what’s going on. If you get no answer from your manager, ask the SM.

whenIgetthere

I won the bid for an open route in January, finally got moved to that route in April.

falcon back

It takes time to backfill your position and sometimes if a GFT was filed, that has to be dealt with. There are many reasons for delays like this.

newgirl

Is it that they can just do what they want because that has become clear already.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. A month ago means they are still trying to figure out the RESPONSE thing and they don't know if they really want to fill that route now. They will say operational needs or Covid or Response. Keep checking workday though, my station is hiring from outside and from the street for jobs that should be posted internally. The fella in the route next to me had a 5x8 route in another loop. He put in for a 4x10 on workday and got the new route. He just happened to be perusing workday and caught it.

The morale here is rock-bottom.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. A month ago means they are still trying to figure out the RESPONSE thing and they don't know if they really want to fill that route now. They will say operational needs or Covid or Response. Keep checking workday though, my station is hiring from outside and from the street for jobs that should be posted internally. The fella in the route next to me had a 5x8 route in another loop. He put in for a 4x10 on workday and got the new route. He just happened to be perusing workday and caught it.

The morale here is rock-bottom.
They have to post every fourth position outside the station.

Lates

Response isn’t at our station to far out to get a second truck everyday. And I didn’t really have a set position was basically used as a cheaper swing driver. I mean we know who should get it just want the process to move so I can get what’s left at the end.

Lates

However they want the routes I posted about still haven’t really been filled I’ve been put on one. But my days haven’t been changed to reflect the route I’m on. Two routes closed months ago and still just putting random people on them instead of anyone who bidded.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
However they want the routes I posted about still haven’t really been filled I’ve been put on one. But my days haven’t been changed to reflect the route I’m on. Two routes closed months ago and still just putting random people on them instead of anyone who bidded.
Call HR. Sometimes management needs a little motivation from HR.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The way FedEx drags their feet, I'm sure there's some Zapmail routes that are still unfilled.
Cactus is the guy who, when you bring up anything at all related to the space program, immediately begins talking about the launch pad failures in the late 50s and early 60s.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Cactus is the guy who, when you bring up anything at all related to the space program, immediately begins talking about the launch pad failures in the late 50s and early 60s.
Thanks Mr. Corporate Apologist for your input. Maybe next time something relevant to the conversation at hand would work better.

Ttku.