RPCD lay off?

Our center used to try to pull fast ones by giving RCPD drivers that took a “dead day” during the week and give them priority on Saturdays when they needed extra help rather than by going by seniority for extra work.

If I take a dead day, it's because I don't want to work, not because I want to work a *ing Saturday!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We have guys that take dead days during the week so that they can work Saturday and make OT all day.
once again those are the drivers that are part of the problem not the solution..the only drivers that should be working Saturdays is the 22.4s. We have part-time cover drivers running full routes on Saturday it’s bulls***.
🧔✊

I'm down to several months before retirement. I'll take a dead day anytime they want....lol. Saturday? Not
I still have 11 years, a long way to go, but it doesn't cost too much where I live and my wife makes a great living. I haven't been offered the day since February, but when they do again, I'll probably take a few, I'm in no danger of missing my 2080. Sometimes I just don't want to work, and sometimes she lets me take the day. 😁

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1627844797633.png

charm299

once again those are the drivers that are part of the problem not the solution..the only drivers that should be working Saturdays is the 22.4s. We have part-time cover drivers running full routes on Saturday it’s bulls***.
🧔✊
That’s all we had for a year. 12 tcds running Saturday ground routes.

35years

Gravy route
Some T-friend guys are running out of 60 hours by end of day Friday because they are forced (and volunteer) on Monday and work 12+ a day.

So management tries to lay them off (not in seniority order) Friday so they have hours for Saturday if they are running out of hours.

Hahaha, not going to happen. Seniority rules.

Sheikyrbouti

Hell, in my building we don’t have enough drivers to cover Saturday routes so they try to force the 6th punch. I get written up every Monday for not showing up on Saturday. “But you told me I was Monday thru Friday now so…….” 😂