RPCD

Thebrownblob

That is not an answer to my question.
It certainly is the answer. There’s already language in the contract for every day of the week work. It already happens in feeders as well. It goes by preference and seniority. Some high seniority guys might want to work Saturday that would be their preference. Everyone else will be on Saturdays by seniority. These are complicated matters I understand but try to keep up with me and I will explain it to you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It certainly is the answer. There’s already language in the contract for every day of the week work. It already happens in feeders as well. It goes by preference and seniority. Some high seniority guys might want to work Saturday that would be their preference. Everyone else will be on Saturdays by seniority. These are complicated matters I understand but try to keep up with me and I will explain it to you.
So you will be ok with Tues-Sat, Wed-Sun and Thur-Mon Full time package car bid language to allow for Sat and Sunday work to be done at straight time.?

Thebrownblob

So you would be satisfied with language that states the full-time package car driver’s work week can consist of any 5 consecutive days?
As opposed to what happens now?
Drivers forced six days under threat of discipline wow 22.4 Drivers are off two days Sunday and Monday? I would not be satisfied with the language you’re talking about without some strict rules.

Thebrownblob

So you will be ok with Tues-Sat, Wed-Sun and Thur-Mon Full time package car bid language to allow for Sat and Sunday work to be done at straight time.?
Do you mean like what happens in feeders now? Sixth day at time and a half seven day double time. Instead now you’re paying a driver a lower rate for no reason because they never work in the building they only drive every day. Are you really this close to retirement and this clueless?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you mean like what happens in feeders now? Sixth day at time and a half seven day double time. Instead now you’re paying a driver a lower rate for no reason because they never work in the building they only drive every day.
Yes. So which bid would you take Tues-Sat, Wed-Sun or Sun-Thurs?

So you actually think my idea was a better one than the 22.4 idea.

Me too.

Thebrownblob

Yes. So which bid would you take Tues-Sat, Wed-Sun or Sun-Thurs?

So you actually think my idea was a better one than the 22.4 idea.

Me too.
We were discussing your powerhouse nonsense talk. And I would make no new agreements across-the-board without lots of stipulations that’s why we got in the situation we were in with the 22.4. It was the wild west, and your great plan that you gave your executive board was to do something that was already in previous contracts as far as different five day workweeks being allowed?

Last edited: