RPCDs working the preload

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Ok... please show me in this language where is says "dispatched" hours.
View attachment 261969

It's the Drivers work day. You're on the 9.5 list because you want relief from over time. Not because you want only a 9.5 hour dispatch when driving. If it were "dispatch" hours then it would go off your planned day. Not paid day.

I honestly don't care. I'm glad you guys have what you want.

Must be a regional thing
Got clarification from union this summer

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

41B795C0-C979-4263-9599-961D6ABBA38B.png

If I need your help with my grammar
I’ll ask you for it

Try and follow along you might learn something

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Gets you off the clock sooner
Less stops on road
Fairly basic....

Apparently no one has worked a driver sort before
Less misloads
Truck is loaded in a sensible manner
Loading your own truck = working off the clock.

I'm glad someone filed a grievance and got you runners kicked off the belt before start time.

SafetyFirst

The company won't factor preload hours worked into 9.5, but the guys preloading aren't on 9.5 anyway.

We were basically told that if there is a stink made about this they will stop calling in drivers for preload (told this by andBA) since all of the guys working it want the extra money none of them are going to complain

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The company won't factor preload hours worked into 9.5, but the guys preloading aren't on 9.5 anyway.

We were basically told that if there is a stink made about this they will stop calling in drivers for preload (told this by andBA) since all of the guys working it want the extra money none of them are going to complain

Then who’s gonna load the truck’s

UPS isn’t calling drivers in because they want to

gman042

Loading your own truck = working off the clock.

I'm glad someone filed a grievance and got you runners kicked off the belt before start time.

Not even what we are talking about
Try to speak intelligently when speaking

barnyard

KTM rider
Extra work does not count against your 9.5
Only on dispatched hours
Not until Friday when DOT hours are affected

If a driver works 3 hours on the preload, 9 hours of driving = 12 hour day. Work any more than that and we were running into problems with drivers not having enough hours to cover their own route on Friday. That also means that pretty much everyone on the 9/5 list is working a 10 hour Friday.

gman042

If a driver works 3 hours on the preload, 9 hours of driving = 12 hour day. Work any more than that and we were running into problems with drivers not having enough hours to cover their own route on Friday. That also means that pretty much everyone on the 9/5 list is working a 10 hour Friday.

Yes
This is true
Extra work is not available to you if you do not have enough DOT hours to fulfill your driving obligation. Driving is your primary responsibility.
This happened to me once. Preload work was not an option on Friday as I needed all available hours to deliver

sandwich

The resident gearhead
He's not working off the clock. He was being called in to help load in preload. He was paid for it.
That's not what he said in his post.

He said he was allowed to come in early and sort/load his truck.

That doesnt sound like they were using the extra work call in list.

If the company was calling the extra work list by seniority there would be no issue. The way he worded his post made it sound that he was coming in early on his own, not being called in.

542thruNthru

That's not what he said in his post.

He said he was allowed to come in early and sort/load his truck.

That doesnt sound like they were using the extra work call in list.

If the company was calling the extra work list by seniority there would be no issue. The way he worded his post made it sound that he was coming in early on his own, not being called in.

I guess I miss understood. @gman042 how did one guy ruin it? What was the issue?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Gets you off the clock sooner
Less stops on road
Fairly basic....

Apparently no one has worked a driver sort before
Less misloads
Truck is loaded in a sensible manner

Not even what we are talking about
Try to speak intelligently when speaking

Your post made it sound as if you were coming in to load your own truck, on your own time.

A thousand apologies