Rs1 vs Rs3

john chesney

Had a situation the other day where I had two calltags (Rs1 and Rs3)for the same package going to different return facilities. What is the right thing to do to cover my butt next time? Package was sitting outside with note saying Amazon return for UPS, btw.

Should I use the Rs1 and cancel the Rs3, slap both on there and let someone else firgure it out, or leave the RS1 and record Rs3 as not ready 1?
*Edit* So many more options
I left took the package with the Rs3 and left the Rs1 btw
Whenever you do something you’re not sure of call center and talk to supervisor let them know. Write down time and date and who you talked to. Cover your ass always

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Had a situation the other day where I had two calltags (Rs1 and Rs3)for the same package going to different return facilities. What is the right thing to do to cover my butt next time? Package was sitting outside with note saying Amazon return for UPS, btw.

Should I use the Rs1 and cancel the Rs3, slap both on there and let someone else firgure it out, or leave the RS1 and record Rs3 as not ready 1?

How did you know they were both for the same package?

Brownee

Twice in the last week I've had 2 RS tags for 2 Amazon returns and the customer put both items in a single box. I give the customer the option to repackage or refuse 1 of the RS tags. Both times the customer took the easier option and refused the "extra" RS tag. Not my problem ensuring proper return credit.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We charge the shipper more for a R3 so I would use that. I hate it when I get two Amazon tags with one pound on them and two unmarked packages are left at the door. Amazon just has a weight and reference number on the tag, no description of contents to be picked up. I try to educate my frequent customers to put the tracking number on the box.

Brownee

Yesterday had an irregular RS1 pickup that was not taped shut. The customer barked from the 2nd floor window that she did not have any tape and Amazon told her we would tape it shut. I politely advised her that Amazon was incorrect but I will leave the shipping label and she is welcome to call for us to pickup once the package is properly taped for shipment. As I was walking back to the package car, customer yells can I wait while she tapes the package for shipment. I politely declined, advising that the package has to ready when we arrive...knowing that she would do half ass job and give me a lot of grief while tapping it with anything but shipping tape.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yesterday had an irregular RS1 pickup that was not taped shut. The customer barked from the 2nd floor window that she did not have any tape and Amazon told her we would tape it shut. I politely advised her that Amazon was incorrect but I will leave the shipping label and she is welcome to call for us to pickup once the package is properly taped for shipment. As I was walking back to the package car, customer yells can I wait while she tapes the package for shipment. I politely declined, advising that the package has to ready when we arrive...knowing that she would do half ass job and give me a lot of grief while tapping it with anything but shipping tape.
How would she tape it if she already said she didn't have tape? Those are just the best kinds of people lol.

Big Babooba

Always make it the last stop of the day when they do that.
I overheard our OMS telling the customer that we go back for RS1 packages. I educated him about RS1s vs RS3s. He said that he wasn't aware. They educate us about them but neglect to educate their own.

MrBates

I usually just pick one calltag to stop/complete and sheet the other one as refused...dup.

DT58

I don’t get the point of the RS1 call tags. Three times in the last two weeks I DR the call tag and the costumer called and complained and I was ordered to go back and pick up the package (which wasn’t left outside, and yes I did knock and wait.)
I just UPS store. The RS1 is generated if you only want the label and will drop the package off yourself. The RS3 allows the Driver to bring the label with he or she to place on a box that is ready to go and picked up by UPS. In a nutshell RS1 you are responsible for drop off, while RS3 the UPS Driver is responsible for picking up the item from you, placing the label on the item and taking the item with them to be shipped...just remember the item has to be already boxed ir wrapped for shipping before pickup by UPS.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I just UPS store. The RS1 is generated if you only want the label and will drop the package off yourself. The RS3 allows the Driver to bring the label with he or she to place on a box that is ready to go and picked up by UPS. In a nutshell RS1 you are responsible for drop off, while RS3 the UPS Driver is responsible for picking up the item from you, placing the label on the item and taking the item with them to be shipped...just remember the item has to be already boxed ir wrapped for shipping before pickup by UPS.