Rs1 vs Rs3

pkgdriver

Yesterday had an irregular RS1 pickup that was not taped shut. The customer barked from the 2nd floor window that she did not have any tape and Amazon told her we would tape it shut. I politely advised her that Amazon was incorrect but I will leave the shipping label and she is welcome to call for us to pickup once the package is properly taped for shipment. As I was walking back to the package car, customer yells can I wait while she tapes the package for shipment. I politely declined, advising that the package has to ready when we arrive...knowing that she would do half ass job and give me a lot of grief while tapping it with anything but shipping tape.
I wouldnt welcome her to call for the pick up once it was ready. Its an RS 1 tag. It is now her job to get it to us.
Our RS 1 tags now have some wording at the bottom. Something to the effect that they have to drop off the box themselves if they werent ready or home on an RS1. Ive got some good customers that write the last four digits of the the RS1 tracking number on the box. Our return tracking number is provided by Amazon when they do the return. Helps with the serial returners that have up to 10 returns sometimes.

I wouldnt welcome her to call for the pick up once it was ready. Its an RS 1 tag. It is now her job to get it to us.
Our RS 1 tags now have some wording at the bottom. Something to the effect that they have to drop off the box themselves if they werent ready or home on an RS1. Ive got some good customers that write the last four digits of the the RS1 tracking number on the box. Our return tracking number is provided by Amazon when they do the return. Helps with the serial returners that have up to 10 returns sometimes.
Is that what you would do?

I would check the date of the post I was replying to, that's what I would do.

I just UPS store. The RS1 is generated if you only want the label and will drop the package off yourself. The RS3 allows the Driver to bring the label with he or she to place on a box that is ready to go and picked up by UPS. In a nutshell RS1 you are responsible for drop off, while RS3 the UPS Driver is responsible for picking up the item from you, placing the label on the item and taking the item with them to be shipped...just remember the item has to be already boxed ir wrapped for shipping before pickup by UPS.
Just in time.....

BrownSnowFlake

I don’t get the point of the RS1 call tags. Three times in the last two weeks I DR the call tag and the costumer called and complained and I was ordered to go back and pick up the package (which wasn’t left outside, and yes I did knock and wait.)
This has never happened to me and I get a few tags every week. Sounds like your customers are just a PITA.

AKCoverMan

WAD and smile. We get paid by the hour, windshield time is the easiest money you can make. If it put you over 9.5 and you want to file go for it.
Dang right file! They could set up a courtesy pu in trace tomorrow but if they choose send me back on my 100 mile rural route well I’m sure they know what they are doing nd of course windshield time is more fun at triple time.