RTW During A Strike?

I really didn't think it had happened yet. John Lewis is rollin' over.
Been rolling over for quite some time due to the actions of 175. Idk if it’s an incompetent BA, lazy BA, scheming BA or if it’s just how 175 is ran in general? But I can’t put into words how disappointed I am in what the union is vs what it was for my dad growing up. It’s a business here that wants the dues, then leave them alone with your nonsense. I’ve written letters, talked to anyone I can I local and called DC. I was always disregarded. Too many instances to list here to begin to explain, no one would believe me anyway. I wouldn’t either if I were reading them! But you can count me out at the end of this contract. I am, and always will, be a union supporter. But I’m anti theft more than that. They’ve allowed me to be harassed with no help, while being fired once, with the help of the steward. All because I filed grievances. Nothing happened to the supervisors or steward (yet) for their actions. I had proof I was set up and attempted to tell BA. No interest whatsoever. He wanted me gone too. Said himself I filed too many grievances. It’d be ignorant for me to send people money that turn their head, or participate in getting me fired.

To be clear, I got my job back. Union didn’t help. I had it recorded and company was forced to back pay me as well. BA wouldn’t even tell me what I was accused of. Sorry POS is all he is.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Been rolling over for quite some time due to the actions of 175. Idk if it’s an incompetent BA, lazy BA, scheming BA or if it’s just how 175 is ran in general? But I can’t put into words how disappointed I am in what the union is vs what it was for my dad growing up. It’s a business here that wants the dues, then leave them alone with your nonsense. I’ve written letters, talked to anyone I can I local and called DC. I was always disregarded. Too many instances to list here to begin to explain, no one would believe me anyway. I wouldn’t either if I were reading them! But you can count me out at the end of this contract. I am, and always will, be a union supporter. But I’m anti theft more than that. They’ve allowed me to be harassed with no help, while being fired once, with the help of the steward. All because I filed grievances. Nothing happened to the supervisors or steward (yet) for their actions. I had proof I was set up and attempted to tell BA. No interest whatsoever. He wanted me gone too. Said himself I filed too many grievances. It’d be ignorant for me to send people money that turn their head, or participate in getting me fired.
To be clear, I got my job back. Union didn’t help. I had it recorded and company was forced to back pay me as well. BA wouldn’t even tell me what I was accused of. Sorry POS is all he is.
Sorry Brother. Its tough to go to work when its on like that. Stay clear and keep taking good notes to stay covered till they set their sites on somebody else. I hope it gets better for you.

Sorry Brother. Its tough to go to work when its on like that. Stay clear and keep taking good notes to stay covered till they set their sites on somebody else. I hope it gets better for you.
Appreciate that. It’s all good. Just more disappointing to see steward and backup act like jr high girls. I knew management and steward were all shady. I thought steward supposed to be on hourly side 100%? Lol. Not at my center

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Had 2 drivers cross the line at our building in '97. Only to have management hang them out to dry 2 days later, no work, get out. They've spent the last 20 years in hell in order to get 2 days pay. Serves them right. friend#ck scabs!!!

Karma...

poor management to either put or allow people to be in the middle and allowed to work during a strike....i am surprised that there are rtw states....sign of weak unions

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Appreciate that. It’s all good. Just more disappointing to see steward and backup act like jr high girls. I knew management and steward were all shady. I thought steward supposed to be on hourly side 100%? Lol. Not at my center
2 of my stewards during my 30 went into management .. you can tell it a mile a away.. everybody suffers till you get good representation

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Right, but they understand the overall benefit that the union provides them and their families. They just don't want to pay their fair share.

This isn't always the case though. My neighbor is a lineman, over 30 years in and he's been non-union for the past twelve. He's not in only because his wife has a lot of medical issues and he needs the money.