RTW & HOA

clean hairy

Been discussed to no end about RTW. Employees being able to work without having to give any of their money to a Union.
So, why is a person not granted the same right when moving into an HOA subdivision, and forced to give some of their hard earned money to the HOA?
So many abuses of HOA in the news, it would seem folks should have the right to opt out.
If I am wrong to make such a comparison, just let me know.
Might as well post any HOA horror stories as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Been discussed to no end about RTW. Employees being able to work without having to give any of their money to a Union.
So, why is a person not granted the same right when moving into an HOA subdivision, and forced to give some of their hard earned money to the HOA?
So many abuses of HOA in the news, it would seem folks should have the right to opt out.
If I am wrong to make such a comparison, just let me know.
Might as well post any HOA horror stories as well.

One has nothing to do with the other.

moreluck

golden ticket member
HOA keeps a purple & pink house with neon green trim out of my neighborhood....thank goodness. As far as work, you can wear pink & purple underwear and no one will know.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Main purpose of RTW is to weaken the Union with the side benefit of aiding freeloaders who want others to pay their way.

Main purpose of an HOA is to screen those freeloaders out of neatly manicured, gated communities, with the side benefit of predictability in who your neighbor will be, class wise.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They own that property though and they should be allowed to do whatever they please.
I think maybe you would feel differently if you were stuck next door to a real weirdo......next door in Cali is usually 8 feet away. 8 feet away from an "artist" can be traumatic.

Last edited:

Johney

I think maybe you would feel differently if you were stuck next door to a real weirdo.
Let me enlighten you......an HOA is NOT going to keep a weirdo from moving in next to you. They may keep them from painting their house some funky color you don't like and make them mow their yard, but they still can be weird.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not when you live in a development with an HOA. You have to agree to the rules of the HOA.
I understand that but I understand what the OP is saying. If it's illegal to force someone to join a union how is it not illegal to force someone to do certain things to their own property?