Runners......

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This driver wasn't fired??

Not yet, we just went live two weeks ago. He got a new Workhorse a couple of years ago with all the sensors installed on it. They wired up all our other package cars a couple of months ago, so I warned him. He and a couple of others used to prerecord all their stops and run all day skipping lunch to get off a couple of hours early. Another of our runners records a 30 minute lunch driving to his area and the other 30 driving in. I figured somebody would be looking at past data before we officially went live. My supervisor denied this, but it turned out to be true. I believe the company has to go out and observe this, and they know where to look now.

NHDRVR

Not yet, we just went live two weeks ago. He got a new Workhorse a couple of years ago with all the sensors installed on it. They wired up all our other package cars a couple of months ago, so I warned him. He and a couple of others used to prerecord all their stops and run all day skipping lunch to get off a couple of hours early. Another of our runners records a 30 minute lunch driving to his area and the other 30 driving in. I figured somebody would be looking at past data before we officially went live. My supervisor denied this, but it turned out to be true. I believe the company has to go out and observe this, and they know where to look now.

Wow. We have had 2 drivers fired over the past year and a half for DIAD discrepencies. IE; delivering pre-records while on lunch. I am torn on this telematics stuff since I want the runners (rookies usually) to work at a controlled speed and not kill themselves, literally. BUT, I don't want to be gigged on the rolling stop when I undo my seatbelt before the truck stops. You older drivers will remember those methods. I don't consider myself a pain in the ass when it comes to most of the driver/mngt stuff but even I want guys to be doing the right thing so they don't get in trouble.

When I first started a great guy, retired about 15 years now, once told me to NOT give them the easy stuff. Seatbelt, handrail, bulkhead door, and keys in the ignition. It was true then, it is true now...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Trust me, knowing where to look, ain't gonna do it. They have that ability, right now, and still turn their heads, when it suits THEIR purpose.

We recently went on telematics and I was talking to our resident runner who usually clocks out 4:30-5PM. He got talked to big time about not wearing his seatbelt, open bulkhead door, excessive backing, speeding, has to cut his ignition off at stops now, etc. etc. Telematic looks like a good thing after all, my paycheck does look a little nicer.
God bless the mfer there going to learn him.