Runners......

satellitedriver

I would love for you to try and prove this point, with facts and data.
In fact, out of the last 23 years I have worked at UPS, 15 yrs have been spent under a Republican President.
Guess what?
My wages increased under the evil, anti-union Republican's ( non-protection) each and every year.
So, for you to make such a blanket statement, without any supporting evidence, is just plain ludicrous.

Valid point.
Make that, point's.

That is true for you, but not for non-unionised americans, which are certainly the vast majority.

I was referring to the rest of the nation, not the few who are lucky enough to still have a strong union.
Yes, 92% of all American workers are non-union.
How do they get by?
BTW, I am one of those American's.

Before the evil Reagan came along, higher wages for blue collar workers such as ourselves were much more prevalent.
Baloney,

I was a blue collar union working member, under the evil Reagan years, and making more money than any UPS driver.
You should have been around during the peanut farmer Carter years and try to build a life.
Big difference between being taught the past and having lived it.

Just because all of your neighbors got *********but you didn't, doesn't mean there isn't a rapist on the loose.
It is hard for me to respond politely, to this simplistic circular logic.
A very sophomoric attempt, by making a false statement and ending the sentence with a question that can only be answered in the positive of the the false premise.
Good try.
Does you mother still have the bumper sticker on her car saying her child is "special"?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
How about we give him more than a couple months,, give him a full term before we cast judgement????

Why? Three days after his inauguration, he was being touted as the second-coming of Jesus Christ! Had me scratching my head, because he didn't DO anything yet!

Anyway, last president we had that actually loved his country was Nancy, er, Ronald Reagan

rod

Retired 22 years
Why? Three days after his inauguration, he was being touted as the second-coming of Jesus Christ! Had me scratching my head, because he didn't DO anything yet!

Anyway, last president we had that actually loved his country was Nancy, er, Ronald Reagan

Ray-gun might of loved his country but sure didn't like unions:sad-little:

satellitedriver

That always puzzled me, he was once president of the screen actors guild which is indeed a union.
All unions are not created equal.
The aircraft controllers union ( excuse me if I got their name wrong) signed a contract that they would never strike, do to national interest.
They knew they were under an umbrella of government control.
They called a strike and broke the contract.

Now, put the shoe on the other foot.
If the government broke the contract,
all holy hell would have broke loose.
What really happened was that Reagan was sticking to the letter of the contract,
exact same tactic that the majority of unions call their strength.
Reagan did not bust their union, they broke the contract and had to pay the penalty for dishonoring the agreement.

This was the one and only time that Reagan stepped on the unions toes, but, this is always brought up of an example how evil he was against unions.
So trpinkl,
Reagan just did what any good president,
( of a union, or the USA) would have done.
He enforced the contract.

UPS Lifer

The aircraft controllers union ( excuse me if I got their name wrong) signed a contract that they would never strike, do to national interest.

What really happened was that Reagan was sticking to the letter of the contract,
Reagan did not bust their union, they broke the contract and had to pay the penalty for dishonoring the agreement.

This was the one and only time that Reagan stepped on the unions toes, but, this is always brought up of an example how evil he was against unions.
So trpinkl,

AMEN!

So trpinkl,
Oh I knew of the air controllers mess and no objections, but I didn't know if there was some anti-union stuff other than that.

Mick32

I thought about this topic today. With the stops per car goals for our center right now, a lot of drivers are going out the door juiced to the gills. There is a lot of grumbling in the center. One driver complained this morning about having "too many stops". I called him at 3:45 because I had a misload to bring to him. He was punched out and walking to his car in the building already. Not for nothing, but your dispatch isn't going to get any better if you sprint through the day with a "10 hour dispatch" and get done 6:20 worked. Stop. Take your full lunch. You get paid for 8. If you keep coming in after working 6:20, you're going to get work to fill up AT LEAST that 1:40 at some point, if not more. Why can't guys understand this?

I thought about this topic today. With the stops per car goals for our center right now, a lot of drivers are going out the door juiced to the gills. There is a lot of grumbling in the center. One driver complained this morning about having "too many stops". I called him at 3:45 because I had a misload to bring to him. He was punched out and walking to his car in the building already. Not for nothing, but your dispatch isn't going to get any better if you sprint through the day with a "10 hour dispatch" and get done 6:20 worked. Stop. Take your full lunch. You get paid for 8. If you keep coming in after working 6:20, you're going to get work to fill up AT LEAST that 1:40 at some point, if not more. Why can't guys understand this?
his supervisor should look at his stops left and instruct him to go somewhere else at that time. If his truck is full instruct him to come back and pick up another truck and go back out. They could also have this guy go and jump for another driver. The job of a supervisor is to make these kind of decisions that's why they are paid the big bucks.

Mick32

his supervisor should look at his stops left and instruct him to go somewhere else at that time. If his truck is full instruct him to come back and pick up another truck and go back out. They could also have this guy go and jump for another driver. The job of a supervisor is to make these kind of decisions that's why they are paid the big bucks.

It certainly could have happened that way. How is the problem of "too many stops" going to be fixed by sprinting through your day in under 7 hours when you supposedly have 10 hours of work? That makes no sense and is costing teamsters jobs, as the stops per car goals will continue to be set higher, cutting routes. Nobody needs to run 2.5 and 3 hours under.

Brownsfan

It always amazes me on the Friday before the three day holiday everyone is in early. Stop counts are way heavy area spread out and still everyones crushing home an hour before they normally would. I got off at 8:30pm. why because i wont be takin advantage of. i guess my honest day is a little more to the letter than some. But the day before i got off at 4PM so i guess i am a hypocrite. but in defense my stops were way down

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We recently went on telematics and I was talking to our resident runner who usually clocks out 4:30-5PM. He got talked to big time about not wearing his seatbelt, open bulkhead door, excessive backing, speeding, has to cut his ignition off at stops now, etc. etc. Telematic looks like a good thing after all, my paycheck does look a little nicer.

NHDRVR

We recently went on telematics and I was talking to our resident runner who usually clocks out 4:30-5PM. He got talked to big time about not wearing his seatbelt, open bulkhead door, excessive backing, speeding, has to cut his ignition off at stops now, etc. etc. Telematic looks like a good thing after all, my paycheck does look a little nicer.

This driver wasn't fired?? I complain enough about our mngt staff in our center but they raise holy hell if a driver isn't following the methods. Runner or not. That dude should be ****canned.