running misloads

rod

Retired 22 years
Dude---you can get in trouble for just about anything at UPS. Unless you are super lucky like I was go by the book.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
put "too far" in the notes and if they dont respond back, deliver it anyways.
They always rag about misloads but never load quality. My drivers would prefer running one misload every 50 days than to run 50 hastily thrown together loads every 50 days. which seems to be the preload "flavor" every january.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you're running misloads, can you get in trouble for just sheeting up businesses closed before 5 or just nsn for a bunch of packages?? because its impossible to deliver all of the misloads sometimes. Theres not much work so thats what they have me doing, but they could use it against me
Just find a bridge over a river with swift water...

Maplewood

If you're running misloads, can you get in trouble for just sheeting up businesses closed before 5 or just nsn for a bunch of packages?? because its impossible to deliver all of the misloads sometimes. Theres not much work so thats what they have me doing, but they could use it against me
Park in the lot, sheet as missed and put a note on the door. The only easier overtime is supe working grievances.

Zowert

I had 11 misloads Monday. I was very certain they were all resi so I waited until my route was finished to run em. Get to the last misload and realized I read the street address wrong, it was in another part of town. I get there and... Business. It was around 7.30p so I had to send a message in for missed business. Next morning I got an ear full.

So yeah, make sure you go through your truck before 3 and find any commercial misloads.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Businesses you do first, then do resi if you are short of time. Let management tell you how to record.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Where I'm at there is a group of drivers who dr businesses after 5 and reroute other packages so the center manager can say the center didnt have any missed.
I have pictures of the diad training we take to show them when they tell me to sheet something dishonestly. It shuts the up pretty quick.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you do your job honestly and safely, you are untouchable

why would you throw that away just to save a few minutes?

are those minutes you saved going to pay your bills when you’re unemployed?

wayfair

swollen member
I have literally pick up a misload off of a driver that was a block off his route. His excuse was that it would cut into his bonus.

My center manager once asked me to deliver a LIB package and said, " you drive right by there"

I told him, "I drive by at least 10 other routes just to get to mine"

JL 0513

A center manager was fired in my district for directing drivers to sheet misloads NS# or NI1. Usually, these things don't get noticed if they're grounds but eventually they will.

Heavy Package

its impossible to deliver all of the misloads sometimes.

Driver in my loop had 5 of my misloads. Got a message after I did my route to go meet him and deliver them all. Took around 2 hours for 5 boxes. UPS paid me over $100 to do this. It was like taking candy from a baby.

YOU need to work as directed up to 14 hrs per day. Laugh on the inside on their stupidity and go to the store on Saturday and buy a nice steak and good beer and enjoy. Do the job honestly and correctly and get paid well each and every Friday.