running misloads

kramer

If you're running misloads, can you get in trouble for just sheeting up businesses closed before 5 or just nsn for a bunch of packages?? because its impossible to deliver all of the misloads sometimes. Theres not much work so thats what they have me doing, but they could use it against me

Bob11B

If you're running misloads, can you get in trouble for just sheeting up businesses closed before 5 or just nsn for a bunch of packages?? because its impossible to deliver all of the misloads sometimes. Theres not much work so thats what they have me doing, but they could use it against me
Yea you could get in trouble for that, dishonesty. If I have misloads and they don’t pick them up from me I will message the center and ask for guidance to cover my ass...then take a picture of their response and work as directed.

CoolStoryBro

Fired. And it could come from someone you've never heard of. Someone hundreds of miles away decides to start looking into some odd numbers on a piece of paper. You show up to work and instead of going on route you go into a meeting with a lot of people and are asked to explain... Your supervisors and managers will toss you under the bus very quickly in order to save their good names. One mention of anything dishonest and they have you. You are gone.

You are supposed to record each package accurately and honestly.

El Correcto

god is dead
Missed if they don’t contact me to deliver or set a drop/meet point. Especially with the new 9.5 push, which is wonderful, sorry I can’t make 9.5 and drive two cities over for an Amazon :censored2:.

DeliveryMachine

Make a valid attempt on every package. If the business is closed and it’s after 5, sheet as missed. Run them ALL. Your paycheck will thank me. You will never even think about sheeting dishonestly again after you go into the office one morning with a steward to explain why you should keep your job.

CoolStoryBro

Drive around and do nothing but businesses first. Then when businesses are done drive around and get residential's. Doesn't matter how many miles it takes.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Dude, you just gotta tell them as soon as you figure out that you'll miss one. As long as you do this there's literally no worries of discipline.
If you don't know if it's a business but it looks fishy just scan it to figure out if it brings you to the commercial or resi delivery options. Or just message the center and ask them if it's commercial or not.
When you shuttle/run misloads and you don't know the loops, put all the addresses in your gps as soon as you get them so you know how far away and how to "map" your gravy route. And then you'll have some sort of time gauge. If you're worried, message the center and breif them on your conflict. Continue delivering, await further instructions.
I've missed several businesses running shuttle work but it's because I messaged them and my OC instructed me which ones to miss and which ones to deliver.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Dude, you just gotta tell them as soon as you figure out that you'll miss one. As long as you do this there's literally no worries of discipline.
If you don't know if it's a business but it looks fishy just scan it to figure out if it brings you to the commercial or resi delivery options. Or just message the center and ask them if it's commercial or not.
When you shuttle/run misloads and you don't know the loops, put all the addresses in your gps as soon as you get them so you know how far away and how to "map" your gravy route. And then you'll have some sort of time gauge. If you're worried, message the center and breif them on your conflict. Continue delivering, await further instructions.
I've missed several businesses running shuttle work but it's because I messaged them and my OC instructed me which ones to miss and which ones to deliver.
You use a GPS?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You use a GPS?
I look up addresses on Google maps occasionally, only when absolutely necessary, some days I'll turn my phone off until lunch, I try to avoid the thing as much as possible on road.
But I'm not a FedEx guy out there with a Garmin on the dash if that's what you mean

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Are you getting close to 14 hours? If not, how is it impossible to deliver them all? Even if you have 8 businesses to deliver and it's 1630, you make the attempts. Once 1700 rolls around, and businesses are closed when you get there, sheet as missed. If you have an hour's worth of residentials to deliver and you've been working 13 hours, you keep delivering until 13 and a half hours, sheet the rest as missed and head back to the center so you can stop driving before the 14 hour mark. That's how it has to be done.

kramer

Are you getting close to 14 hours? If not, how is it impossible to deliver them all? Even if you have 8 businesses to deliver and it's 1630, you make the attempts. Once 1700 rolls around, and businesses are closed when you get there, sheet as missed. If you have an hour's worth of residentials to deliver and you've been working 13 hours, you keep delivering until 13 and a half hours, sheet the rest as missed and head back to the center so you can stop driving before the 14 hour mark. That's how it has to be done.
its a lot of work spread over a lot of zipcodes, its not feasible to drive 20 minutes for 1 bussiness with traffic

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
its a lot of work spread over a lot of zipcodes, its not feasible to drive 20 minutes for 1 bussiness with traffic

Not feasible? Or you just don't want to? The reason you should attempt businesses, even after 5, is because not every business closes at 5, or you might be able to catch someone after closing. Viola, you made service. If a sup tells you not to attempt a business and simply sheet as missed, then work as directed.

john chesney

Get it in writing and I bet you won’t