Running my 30 days, any tips?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was told office allows more time per stop dock is the least. This was from someone who worked on orion. After they told me that I asked some one else and was told it was true. I also work in a center where our supervisors aren't killer nazis like some people on this forum pretend their supervisors are.
It might allow more time, but it's maybe 1 second ups time which is nothing. Same thing with putting in a package as over 70 in the diad.

battym

while I was making book had to hit first Orion stop,and run a good trace percentage and not going over the miles..run the route how your sup tells you too..breaking trace to knock out a bulk stop def helps..don't run in rdo if they are strict with orion.

PACNW

It might allow more time, but it's maybe 1 second ups time which is nothing. Same thing with putting in a package as over 70 in the diad.

Over 70 allowance is 45 seconds per piece. Worth it for me to record it as I have an industrial route with about a dozen on average. Plus I am a bit of a stickler for recording everything, no matter how negligible. I encourage all the new kids at my center to record everything, whether you are a runner or an hour over. Show all work put on the car, over 70s, double trips, etc.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also, don't just frantically be trying to make it to the next stop. Know where you're going, and where you need to turn around! Watch for tree branches ;)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I agree, a lot of new guys spend a lot of time in the back. Resist the temptation to go into the back and poke around for your next stop after each delivery. Also sitting in your seat poking through your EDD counting how many stops you've done or have left. Get in your car and go. 20-30 seconds every stop adds up quickly. Whatever you do, never try to make up time behind the wheel.
Sometimes, it does help to set up the nest 15 stops or so. Just don't go crazy back there.

Fnix

How do you enter the over 70 when you scan it?

When you scan the package on the first screen before you hit big arrow down you'll see the soft key that says SplCnts on the bottom left. You hit that and then enter the amount of over 70 you have and hit big arrow up to go back.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Over 70 allowance is 45 seconds per piece. Worth it for me to record it as I have an industrial route with about a dozen on average. Plus I am a bit of a stickler for recording everything, no matter how negligible. I encourage all the new kids at my center to record everything, whether you are a runner or an hour over. Show all work put on the car, over 70s, double trips, etc.
I was told it was only 3 seconds for an over 70! I am going to start putting them in if it's 45 seconds. Also, how do you input a double trip? I have never heard of this before.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was told it was only 3 seconds for an over 70! I am going to start putting them in if it's 45 seconds. Also, how do you input a double trip? I have never heard of this before.

Double trips are easy to enter and offer the highest allowances.

You would enter the time that you first left the building and then the time that you returned. You would then enter the time that you left the building the second time, which would then prompt you asking if you are driving the same car or a new car. You would enter the time that you returned to the building at the end of the day.

PACNW

Occasionally I'll have a spike of 20 or so over 70's and someone will call down to our center and ask the ORS to see if that is accurate. Apparently that is a common way guys pad their planned day, so a certain amount will throw up a red flag. I have heard double trip is a good allowance, but I don't know what it is.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Occasionally I'll have a spike of 20 or so over 70's and someone will call down to our center and ask the ORS to see if that is accurate. Apparently that is a common way guys pad their planned day, so a certain amount will throw up a red flag. I have heard double trip is a good allowance, but I don't know what it is.
I thought double trip meant you had to make more than one trip while delivering to one place. Like not everything would fit on the cart so you had to come back and make another trip. But Upstate said it is when you drive back to the center to either grab another vehicle or reload your car with more packages.

PACNW

Upstate is correct. It's when you return to the building for whatever reason and go back out. It requires you put in a second leave building time, car #, miles, etc. I'm just not sure what the allowance is for it.

AlliSeeisBrown

I thought double trip meant you had to make more than one trip while delivering to one place. Like not everything would fit on the cart so you had to come back and make another trip. But Upstate said it is when you drive back to the center to either grab another vehicle or reload your car with more packages.

"All pieces are to be delivered in one trip. Even if it is a 100pc bulk stop. This is what your carry aid is for. Only reason to return to the PC is to stop complete and drive to the next stop."-Every On road supe.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Upstate is correct. It's when you return to the building for whatever reason and go back out. It requires you put in a second leave building time, car #, miles, etc. I'm just not sure what the allowance is for it.
Pretty sure it just doesn't count the time you were back at the building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can double trip using the same car-----examples would be coming back for late air or for volume that wouldn't fit.

MrFeeder

Don't ever skip lunch on your 30. Take a half or even better, a full hour. They want to see if you're able to take lunch and do the route. I have seen a few guys get wash for not taking their lunch. So the formula is, First sacrifice a bit of your time on the weekends and drive the route in your personal car. Learn the delivery/pick up points wisely. Second, Take lunch, Third Don't crash and Fourth No late airs.