Rural Deferment

anonymous23456

Yes. At FedEx they defer the rural packages to the nearest gulch.
You got it wrong. It's the USPS. :lol:

when-amazon-drivers-transfer-to-ups-v0-70u1tqhqhfjc1.jpeg

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
9.5 and 8 hour days. The days the routes are out make sure you go over 9.5. The days they are in will take care of themselves because it'll be two days worth of volume. Make UPS pay enough and they just might see its not worth it.
This is the answer. I’ve said the same thing at my building. Everyone’s either too greedy or too scared.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You got it wrong. It's the USPS. :lol:

when-amazon-drivers-transfer-to-ups-v0-70u1tqhqhfjc1.jpeg
Eating lunch at subway one day 20 years ago at Subway. To give you an idea of the route, the entire county did not and still does not have a stop light. FedX ground guy comes in asked me to deliver one for him. Sure I will.
That's one package that was never found.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Eating lunch at subway one day 20 years ago at Subway. To give you an idea of the route, the entire county did not and still does not have a stop light. FedX ground guy comes in asked me to deliver one for him. Sure I will.
"Yah I got this real burner, you heading that way"
"yep" - straight into the dumpster

rod

Retired 22 years
The FedEx driver and I (before there was FedEx Ground and all that other crap) would exchange packages ever so often. It was usually when I wanted off early on a Friday or so and he was looking for extra work (he never had enough to do) he would take a couple of "chasers" off me (stuff that was way out of my way). He even came to my retirement party and gave me a FedEx tee-shirt as a gift.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
They just started this at my center. I heard only if it’s critical NDA it’ll get delivered. No ground.
They’ll put critical care out for delivery (usually with an air driver) only if they can find it before it gets tossed into the rural deferment trailer. That’s not always guaranteed.

oldupsman

The FedEx driver and I (before there was FedEx Ground and all that other crap) would exchange packages ever so often. It was usually when I wanted off early on a Friday or so and he was looking for extra work (he never had enough to do) he would take a couple of "chasers" off me (stuff that was way out of my way). He even came to my retirement party and gave me a FedEx tee-shirt as a gift.
I had a rural route and always touched base with the FedEx driver on my route.
We exchanged stuff once in a while. And I can't tell you how many packages I
dropped off at country post offices. I was doing sure post in 1977.