Sad News

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Pets are hard to lose. When my last goes, Im done I dont think my heart can handle it. I thought I would stroke out in March when I had to put my tikibelle down. Lymphoma. View attachment 9793This pic was 12 days before she passed, she was taking care of me coz I was sick. She never left my side.

Tooner, I am sorry for your loss and I feel you pain because I have been their and it sucks.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Pets are hard to lose. When my last goes, Im done I dont think my heart can handle it. I thought I would stroke out in March when I had to put my tikibelle down. Lymphoma. View attachment 9793This pic was 12 days before she passed, she was taking care of me coz I was sick. She never left my side.

I'm sorry, that sucks. I think our dogs take care of us, almost as much as we take care of them. Mine sure have helped me learn to relax.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today is our last hot day of our mini-heat wave.
8 of the nine fires south of here are suspicious.
Today they found a body. (a transient)
I hope they find whoever thought this would be a funny prank and put them in jail for a long long time. Homes have been lost and businesses too.

Santa Ana wind brings out every fire bug thinking it will be fun to see how fast the flame spreads.

Our sky here is dark gray with an orangey cast to it. It smells of smoke too.

raceanoncr

Today is our last hot day of our mini-heat wave.
8 of the nine fires south of here are suspicious.
Today they found a body. (a transient)
I hope they find whoever thought this would be a funny prank and put them in jail for a long long time. Homes have been lost and businesses too.

Santa Ana wind brings out every fire bug thinking it will be fun to see how fast the flame spreads.

Our sky here is dark gray with an orangey cast to it. It smells of smoke too.
Well, let's just see how TOS blames this on BUSH.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe bushes, but not Bush.

They just told base housing at Pendleton to leave. I trust the Marines will get it put out quickly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
WP_20140516_021.jpg

This is in our neighborhood and it's Camp Pendleton that's burning.....base housing has been evacuated. The water dropping planes were flying overhead.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This morning that blue sky is gone....it's cooler, foggy.....both conditions that help the firefighters. Our week long heat wave is ending and the off shore flow is becoming onshore again.......that puts the natural cooling of ocean breezes blowing my way instead of out to sea..

The fogginess is holding down the smoky smell.......very strong, but should dissipate as daylight comes.

I heard there were 11 or so fires and 20-25,000 acres burned......a dozen houses and businesses lost and one death. Three arrests so far.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I noticed that when trying to find the article online.

The magazine read...."Springing into action, a biker tackeled Moore as an off duty FBI agent drew his weapon and shot the 40 yr old UPS driver in the head, killing him instantly."