Safety first

Godzilla55

16580EAA-588D-40F8-9D0D-5CA7F7BEBF5F.png

bbsam

Staff member
So these pictures are of a 2019 Chevy 3500 box truck.

The first is of a front caliper and brake line. The second is of the rear caliper and brake line.

1700 miles on it. Vehicle totaled.

When I got to it, I could spin the bolt attaching the brake line between my thumb and forefinger.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So these pictures are of a 2019 Chevy 3500 box truck.

The first is of a front caliper and brake line. The second is of the rear caliper and brake line.

1700 miles on it. Vehicle totaled.

When I got to it, I could spin the bolt attaching the brake line between my thumb and forefinger.
So you’re getting another new truck from Chevrolet?

bbsam

Staff member
So you’re getting another new truck from Chevrolet?
From the insurance. I sure the hell am pushing for them to eat the depreciation.

We’ve had three or four of them in the building found by the mechanic with the same issue soon after coming from the dealer. If it’s happening here, it’s happening other places. Somebody’s gonna end up dead.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
From the insurance. I sure the hell am pushing for them to eat the depreciation.

We’ve had three or four of them in the building found by the mechanic with the same issue soon after coming from the dealer. If it’s happening here, it’s happening other places. Somebody’s gonna end up dead.
Sounds like someone needs to talk to news people before someone dies.

bacha29

True. At the same time however they're nothing more than 3/4 and 1 ton pickups . By the time you put that heavy cutaway cargo body on them they're close to maxing out their chassis rating then you pile them floor to ceiling end to end with crates that are getting heavier by the day... Design and engineering flaws are quite evident. Then again this why it's called 'Ground" because that's what you're bumper is dragging on when you leave in the morning.

bbsam

Staff member
True. At the same time however they're nothing more than 3/4 and 1 ton pickups . By the time you put that heavy cutaway cargo body on them they're close to maxing out their chassis rating then you pile them floor to ceiling end to end with crates that are getting heavier by the day... Design and engineering flaws are quite evident. Then again this why it's called 'Ground" because that's what you're bumper is dragging on when you leave in the morning.
Now you’re talking out your rear end.

There is ZERO reason for a brake line bolt to back itself out.

bbsam

Staff member
When is the last time you drove a Ground truck out of the building?

The weird thing is that you moan and bitch about old Ground trucks as death traps on the highway. Then when we put something new out there you, in your infinite knowledge, proclaim they must be overloaded and this still death traps.

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about.

bacha29

When is the last time you drove a Ground truck out of the building?

The weird thing is that you moan and bitch about old Ground trucks as death traps on the highway. Then when we put something new out there you, in your infinite knowledge, proclaim they must be overloaded and this still death traps.

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about.
I said design flaw. Something new on the highway? Nothing more than perhaps a different slightly more fuel efficient engine and the sheet metal shaped a bit different but they're still the same basic type of vehicle that's been on the road for decades. And as long as there's a space on that vehicle that loader if not him then the sort manager will see to it that that truck will have it loaded onto it. Their job is make certain that belt doesn't have a single box laying on it or under at the end of the sort. Overloaded? No concern of their's . If you're on smooth paved roads and you can get the load lightened within a couple of miles you might be able to get away with it. But when you're hauling it pushing a hundred miles on anything but a smooth highway.....Unah They don't last long .

bbsam

Staff member
I said design flaw. Something new on the highway? Nothing more than perhaps a different slightly more fuel efficient engine and the sheet metal shaped a bit different but they're still the same basic type of vehicle that's been on the road for decades. And as long as there's a space on that vehicle that loader if not him then the sort manager will see to it that that truck will have it loaded onto it. Their job is make certain that belt doesn't have a single box laying on it or under at the end of the sort. Overloaded? No concern of their's . If you're on smooth paved roads and you can get the load lightened within a couple of miles you might be able to get away with it. But when you're hauling it pushing a hundred miles on anything but a smooth highway.....Unah They don't last long .
Wrong.