Safety first

bacha29

I actually have a Quigley. I happen to know what parts are used to build the front end. Do you know where the parts come from? Ford’s Superduty line. Except the brakes. Those are from the old GM heavy duty line. Not sure why that is but not exactly specially made parts for a super duper delivery vehicle.
Had a E350 Quigley conversion 7.3 . The front axle was a Dana 60 The only trouble I had was that I busted the torgue or as we called the the trailing arms which connected the front axle assembly to the frame several times. Even though the factory reman engine replacement had barely 100,000 on it and the 4R100 transmission had less than 5000 miles out it I gave it along with a nearly new cargo trailer to a friend. Twenty three years and well over a million miles of driving on that route dragging around that stolen truck freight was enough for me. I stay in touch with the station but those contractors who remain and those who came in later are all greedy expletive deleted's ,nowhere to be seen during the very difficult formative when it was just the 3 of us. So when they start belly aching to me I simply say to them: 'Think it's bad now? You should have been here during the startup years. Had to fight off closure twice in it's first three years. So just remember you wanted in here badly enough."