Feeder Safety Rides

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can't speak for feeder but in package the company has hired a 3rd party company to tell them who is most at risk to have a injury or accident. This company takes everything into account. Previous accidents and injuries, lytx camera events. Hell from what I'm told even credit history. Then this company ranks you into 4 tiers. The highest tier receives quarterly rides 4 times a year. The lowest tier gets one every 2 years. To my knowledge this issue was brought to national panels and ruled in the company's favor.

Now like @Coldworld said its an issue that we are hoping gets solved in negotiations.
Yes…we have multiple grievances in on the issue and the local isn’t going to push them through the grievance process because of it being an issue that is definitely going to be handled at the nationals, but they are still going to leave the grievances open from what I understand….should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

ManInBrown

We are having an issue with safety rides here also. They are only supposed to ride once every 12 months but they are saying they got some new outsourced system that monitors how we drive and alerts them if a driver should have more than one ride a year. Problem is who cares about their system. It’s negotiated in the contract, don’t know if that’s a National issue or local but in the 177 we are only supposed to get one every 12 months. Hasn’t affected me but it has other drivers.

ManInBrown

A feeder driver friend of mine seemed to be the one chosen all the time for a random drug test. You would think they believed he had a problem but just the opposite was true. He was one who never drank or did drugs so they would pick him to save their asses a bunch of paper work.
Yup, random my arse. I get one every time I come back from vacation. Within a few days of returning. I couldn’t care less, drug test me every day. But the random part is lolol. there’s nothing random about it.

govols019

You smell that?
One every 12 months. 177

This is what ours says...nothing about 1 member of management only being allowed to ride every 12 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230511-204753.png
    Screenshot_20230511-204753.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 32

DOK

I can't speak for feeder but in package the company has hired a 3rd party company to tell them who is most at risk to have a injury or accident. This company takes everything into account. Previous accidents and injuries, lytx camera events. Hell from what I'm told even credit history. Then this company ranks you into 4 tiers. The highest tier receives quarterly rides 4 times a year. The lowest tier gets one every 2 years. To my knowledge this issue was brought to national panels and ruled in the company's favor.

Now like @Coldworld said it’s an issue that we are hoping gets solved in negotiations.
Is that just in Cali?

govols019

You smell that?
Ours is very similar. Almost verbatim.

I've had countless discussion with people explaining that language doesn't say what they want it to say.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they struck that language since the days of having a 2nd member of management on car just hanging on for dear life are over.

They could just add language stating that no more than one member of management would be on car with you at any time.. period.