Safety questions!

surviv'n_it

I was just wondering if there was somewhere online I can take a look at the safety questions. We have a safetly audit on Monday and I left my answer sheet in my folder.

I think I know most, if not all, but I just dont want to get caught off guard on a rarely asked question. I tried upsers.com but only saw the lift/lower and slip prevention answers.

I was really just looking for the 10 point commentary.

If you can help, I would appreciate it.

surviv'n_it

dude, RELAX!! its Sunday, worry about it on Monday!

I am relaxed. I will be audited as soon as I punch in tomorrow morning. I just know if I get an answer wrong I will be getting extra splits and p/us that I really dont want to deal with.

Its better to just know the questions ahead than face the pissed off management with a failed audit.

area43

1 starting at intersections look left right left ck mirrors. 2 stopped at intersections one car length between u and the car in front. 3 count 123 whien car in front has started moving. 4 4 to 6 sec under 30/6 to 8 over 30. 5 12 to 15 sec eye leed time. 6 scan steering wheel (beware of cars pulling from curb). 7 stale green light. 8 eye to eye contact. 9 pulling from the curb( look over shoulder). 10 ck mirrors 5 to 8 sec

jlphotog

9 pulling from the curb( look over shoulder)

Actually it's the 3 L's
-Left signal
-Left mirror
-Left shoulder

The shoulder is one I find really tough when the drivers door is closed. Not much to see over the shoulder except the bulk head.

local804

I am relaxed. I will be audited as soon as I punch in tomorrow morning. I just know if I get an answer wrong I will be getting extra splits and p/us that I really dont want to deal with.

Its better to just know the questions ahead than face the pissed off management with a failed audit.

They wouldnt do that to you lol

area43

If they come after you for missing a question hit them with the heavy weights. It takes balls and they hate it. I m on a rural route. The area I deliver takes about 30 minutes to get there from our center(one way). In good faith request help for any stops that have pkgs over 70lbs. You are not required to ask for help from the customers. I was a stewart and if I could have gotten more drivers to participate in doing this you could cut out alot of this crap mgt does, but you have to be willing to do battle. ) :

Hangingon

They changed the order of the 10 point commentary from what I memorized. There is now some mnemonic to remembering them, like All Good Kids Like Milk, but I can't remember it atm.

Tyler Durden

Enlightend
Quizes with the answer printed on a piece of paper next to you. Seatbelts that only cross your lap. Over-dispatched routes. Ah yes, the illusion of safety.

surviv'n_it

If they come after you for missing a question hit them with the heavy weights. It takes balls and they hate it. I m on a rural route. The area I deliver takes about 30 minutes to get there from our center(one way). In good faith request help for any stops that have pkgs over 70lbs. You are not required to ask for help from the customers. I was a stewart and if I could have gotten more drivers to participate in doing this you could cut out alot of this crap mgt does, but you have to be willing to do battle. ) :

Lol! There are a few things I could do to fight back, however they leave me alone. My numbers are good and I am in a rural route area where they dont mess with too much. I like the "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy. As long as my name doesnt show up on some report or list, I will be ok.

over9five

Staff member
I hope nobody out there is studying that BS 10 point commentary on your own time. They pay you to study, or you don't do it.

When they ask you the stupid questions, tell them YOU DON'T KNOW!!! What are they going to do? NOTHING. There's nothing in the contract about 10 point commentary that I can find! I don't know one word of it.

If they want us to learn it, they can pay us to study it. Don't waste the short amount of time you have to spend with your family.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont know the commentary verbatim. If you drive safely and defensively you do it 24/7.

I even run my errands by trace.

It drives my husband batty, hence I never have to drive when hes with me. He goes left when he clearly could have went to a light to make a left turn.

The funniest part was when he was trying to "teach" me to drive my sliverado when I used to have an s10, coz it was soooo much longer than my s10, and I have to remember how long it is......He backed over a parking meter, he has never instructed me on driving since..LLOOOLL, and every time we go by that site, I have to remind him, I JUST HAVE TO!!!!!

Hangingon

/Sigh.. My wife won't drive any more when I'm in the car, one too many recitations of one of the 5 seeing habits or urging her to come to a gradual stop. You sometimes don't realize how much those are ingrained into you.

wannabeups

One thing I catch myself doing is honking the horn while backing up. People think I am honking @ them. I tell them sorry force of habit, I work for UPS and they have it drilled into my mind.

dillweed

Oh toonertoo that's so funny that your husband backed over a parking meter!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has absorbed this stuff. Of all the UPS BS, this is at least beneficial to us. dw

Griff

I hope nobody out there is studying that BS 10 point commentary on your own time. They pay you to study, or you don't do it.

When they ask you the stupid questions, tell them YOU DON'T KNOW!!! What are they going to do? NOTHING. There's nothing in the contract about 10 point commentary that I can find! I don't know one word of it.

Bingo. We got audited and I barely knew any of them off the top of my head. The guy looked at me like I was an idiot, but who cares, he did nothing and nothing ever came of it. Lets see, I've never had an accident but I can't name off all the fancy jargon they recreate every other minute...which is more important?

brown bomber

brown bomber
we had an audit a few wks. ago..I was asked to participate in the interrogation by an on-road sup. I said that I was in hurry and had to get home ASAP..I reluctantly agreed...while I'm doing my turn-in, I'm trying to answer the questions..demonstrate proper lifting and lowering procedures..apparently I failed miserably..oh well the ctr. mgr. failed to get another trophy to display..but I still have 23 yrs. of safe driving