Salary Compare Contrast

falcon back

He got in early when FedEx was a company that topped out in 2 years and gave a legit pension..those days long gone.
What pension? Been living and will keep on living a few more years without drawing my pension. It's all about choices and sacrifices made while working that allows me to live the good life and letting my pension grow while not touching it.

yadig

What pension? Been living and will keep on living a few more years without drawing my pension. It's all about choices and sacrifices made while working that allows me to live the good life and letting my pension grow while not touching it.
We’ve heard this a thousand times!

Working4the1%

Yes. You can live off 401 k now..because you got max pension to live off later in life. The company removed that option for later employees. You keep claiming skill..it was timing

!Retired!

Yes. You can live off 401 k now..because you got max pension to live off later in life. The company removed that option for later employees. You keep claiming skill..it was timing
It took me just under 22 years to top out (that was last October). I have a traditional that will pay me barely enough cover my home expenses, which is all I need it to do. Because of the choices and sacrifices I made while working, I don't have a mortgage, no car note, etc, I'll be able to live off my PPA without touching my 401, or vice versa. Pretty much can do it either way. Currently on disability. I'll probably retire when I come off.
Oh......btw, I'm only 55

FalconAss

I wish you would touching me.

!Retired!

Get well dude. And congrats! 55 is my goal, might have to wait a little longer or switch to PT for a bit. If the company still exists then 😂
Thanks. I thought about going PT. But, the something happens to me EVERY year...my back, knee, etc. Being PT, I wouldn't have STD, so better to just retire and do the little things that need to be done around the house, before I get to old.