Salary vs hourly

hoser

Industrial Slob
Dr Trickpony.....I see you've had your pint of whiskey for today. Do you beat your wife before or after you get drunk, or while you're drinking? You da man Dr Trickster!!!
My god this statement is laden with grammical errors :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:.

In the second sentence, your structure is poor, you should have said: "Do you beat your wife, before, during, or after you get drunk?"

In the last sentence, you should have said: "You da man, Dr. Trickster!"

Horrific. I couldn't understand the message you were trying to convey due to these errors.

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
I think its fantastic management is chiming in. It makes me realize we are literaly ALL just a number working for the "Greater Good" of UPS. Please remember "NO UPS" --then no pension, no disgruntled employees, no $27.17/hr, no healthcare, no 60 hour work weeks, no turkey, NO NOTHING...

audi2006

UPSvette... Very well put.

30 and Out.... Jealous of what? You have absolutely no knowledge of what i do for UPS or when i do it. You have no idea of my age, pay or any of that. If you did. You would know that i am hardly "Jealous" of a Union employee. If you only knew buddy....
If you want to reference my other posts, ill make the statement here too... UPS drivers work VERY hard, however they are overpaid based on what they could make doing the same job for another transportation company. If you werent represented by a Union, you would make considerably less. Its a fact. Tell me the starting wage of a UPS driver compared to a Fed Ex Driver or DHL Driver. Then tell me about how a Fed Ex Driver has to pay for his truck, maintenace, washings, etc. Id love for you to break this down for me.

over9five

Staff member
"you continue to critisize management."

I'm sorry, Vette, did you mean "criticize"? You must have had your head in the sand during that spelling lesson!

Those in glass houses......

audi2006

Ouch, you got me. I didnt spell check my thread post. You should see if you can get a job with Brown Cafe, you could just spell check every post and leave users quick, witty messages about that they spelled wrong.
Again, way to go! Keep up the good work.

over9five

Staff member
"..witty messages about that they spelled wrong."

This just sounds wrong. You are hard to understand. Did you mean "what they spelled wrong"?

Thebrowntruth

[
As for your continued excuse of having a "typo" instead of admitting your lack of knoowledge of the English language

Vette,

Oh wise one you dont even know what position i hold yet your crystal ball can see it all I guess. Well sorry my friend but you are wrong. I think I have a fair grasp of the Kings English but darn if I could find "knoowledge" anywhere. I'll guess it is something like knowledge but its just a guess.

Wow I can now retire too! The great vette himself had a typo perhaps?

You have been out of the game for a few years now. Pre-PAS, pre IPO, etc. Regardless of what my opinion is of you I have nothing but respect for the years of service. Amazing you maintain an "all is well" attitude regardless of the concerns employees have in today's workplace.

P.S. I once again won't use spell check so search away for a typo

DS

Fenderbender
[
As for your continued excuse for having a "typo" instead of admitting your lack of knoowledge of the English language

Vette,

Oh wise one , I dont even know what position I hold, yet your crystal ball can see it all I guess. Well , I`m sorry my friend but you are wrong. I think that I have a fair grasp of the Kings English, but darn if I could find "knoowledge" anywhere. I'll guess it is something like knowledge, but its just a guess.

Wow, I can now retire too! The great vette himself had a typo perhaps?

You have been out of the game for a few years now. Pre-PAS, pre IPO, etc. Regardless of what my opinion is of you I have nothing but respect for the years of service. It`s Amazing that you can maintain an "all is well" attitude regardless of the concerns employees have in today's workplace.

P.S. I once again won't use spell check so search away for a typo
hoo needz smell czech

30andout

UPSvette... Very well put.

30 and Out.... Jealous of what? You have absolutely no knowledge of what i do for UPS or when i do it. You have no idea of my age, pay or any of that. If you did. You would know that i am hardly "Jealous" of a Union employee. If you only knew buddy....
If you want to reference my other posts, ill make the statement here too... UPS drivers work VERY hard, however they are overpaid based on what they could make doing the same job for another transportation company. If you werent represented by a Union, you would make considerably less. Its a fact. Tell me the starting wage of a UPS driver compared to a Fed Ex Driver or DHL Driver. Then tell me about how a Fed Ex Driver has to pay for his truck, maintenace, washings, etc. Id love for you to break this down for me.
Audi, I bet you think your management position is worth every penny your paid and your not represented by a union. As for Fed-x or other companies I don't compare any job at UPS with them. Yes we at UPS are all paid very well for what we do, why do you just single out hourly people who do all the back breaking work?

audi2006

30 and out.... Yes, im worth every penny. You know why? Because every 6 months, im judged on my QPR measuring my performance vs goals the company has set out. It also rates what other co workers opinions of me and my work ethic are. That determines my wage increases. Not just how many days ive walked into work and delivered packages regardless of how well i do it. When you start getting your wage increases based on your number of stops, missed deliveries, missed pickups, etc etc and you can show me that you are a better employee than another with the same length of service as you, then i will say you deserve every penny. If you are such a great, hardworking guy, id think that this equality in pay would frustrate you. I mean if you do 25 stops per hour and and guy next to you does 20, shouldnt you make more? If you make your pickups every day and never miss one, and the guy next to you has missed pickups every day, shouldnt you make more?

30andout

30 and out.... Yes, im worth every penny. You know why? Because every 6 months, im judged on my QPR measuring my performance vs goals the company has set out. It also rates what other co workers opinions of me and my work ethic are. That determines my wage increases. Not just how many days ive walked into work and delivered packages regardless of how well i do it. When you start getting your wage increases based on your number of stops, missed deliveries, missed pickups, etc etc and you can show me that you are a better employee than another with the same length of service as you, then i will say you deserve every penny. If you are such a great, hardworking guy, id think that this equality in pay would frustrate you. I mean if you do 25 stops per hour and and guy next to you does 20, shouldnt you make more? If you make your pickups every day and never miss one, and the guy next to you has missed pickups every day, shouldnt you make more?
Sounds like you have some very good ideas, why don't you suggest them while your sitting at a meeting or on a conference call.