Salary vs hourly

browniehound

UPS drivers work VERY hard, however they are overpaid based on what they could make doing the same job for another transportation company. If you werent represented by a Union, you would make considerably less. Its a fact.
Audi2006, based solely on your post-that's I'll I have to go on-I believe you're an intellegent person. The statement that I quote above proves our "overpaid" driver's point. The fact is we don't do the same job as any other transportation company. Their trucks are empty compared with ours! Let's say for a matter of argument Fed-ex drivers make 20 bucks an hour. Based on your thinking this is what us UPS drivers should be paid, because Fed-ex in non-union and management in not forced to pay higher wages. This is the "going rate for drivers". We all know UPS drivers deliver at least twice as many stops, do more pickups, handle more bulk, more over 70's, work more hours, and are out much later. When have you ever seen a Fed-ex, DHL, or USPS driver delivering after 5 PM? You haven't, because they don't. Seeing as we do at least twice as much work as these other "couriers", $7 more an hour doesn't seem to be overpaid to me. I know we're not rocket scientist, but using the above logic, I think we're UNDERPAID:mad: In closing, let me just say, If a Fed-ex driver had to do our job for one day, most of them would quit. I can see your point that we would never get paid what we do from any other company in the universe. But we're also not asked to do more work than any other company in the universe.

huskres

I see Fedex Ground guys delivering til 10 during peak and have seem that out as late as 9 during regular season. I also know of guys for them that drive up to 150 miles a day and deliver 150+ stops. I guess some areas are just heavier than others....

audi2006

Sounds like you have some very good ideas, why don't you suggest them while your sitting at a meeting or on a conference call.
I will do that. When im sitting at a meeting with others who actually have graduated from College and dont just have their GED, and we are talking about how to make money at this company despite the overpaid drivers, ill bring that up. We will discuss it right after we talk about how we have to tell drivers have to dress, shave, wear their clothes, etc. We all usually laugh pretty hard because it reminds us of our little kids. They usually want to look like misfits too.

Last edited:

audi2006

Audi2006, based solely on your post-that's I'll I have to go on-I believe you're an intellegent person. The statement that I quote above proves our "overpaid" driver's point. The fact is we don't do the same job as any other transportation company. Their trucks are empty compared with ours! Let's say for a matter of argument Fed-ex drivers make 20 bucks an hour. Based on your thinking this is what us UPS drivers should be paid, because Fed-ex in non-union and management in not forced to pay higher wages. This is the "going rate for drivers". We all know UPS drivers deliver at least twice as many stops, do more pickups, handle more bulk, more over 70's, work more hours, and are out much later. When have you ever seen a Fed-ex, DHL, or USPS driver delivering after 5 PM? You haven't, because they don't. Seeing as we do at least twice as much work as these other "couriers", $7 more an hour doesn't seem to be overpaid to me. I know we're not rocket scientist, but using the above logic, I think we're UNDERPAID:mad: In closing, let me just say, If a Fed-ex driver had to do our job for one day, most of them would quit. I can see your point that we would never get paid what we do from any other company in the universe. But we're also not asked to do more work than any other company in the universe.
Brownie.. I respect your point. AS you seem to be one of the more intelligent posters in here, let me ask you a question. If UPS drivers work so much harder than our competition, why do Fed Ex drivers supposedly always ask drivers if we are hiring? It really can only be one thing. $$$$$$$$$$$. Oh and to your point that you work more hours than they do, thats really irrelevant. Its not like you get paid by the truckload. You get paid by the hour.

audi2006

30andOut-

You go dude!

........did another pompous, arrogant management poster just get blown out of the water?:tank:
Trick.... cute tank....
And to anwer your question, No, im just fine.

Did another whiney, overpaid union rank and file drone just run to his union steward?

30andout

I will do that. When im sitting at a meeting with others who actually have graduated from College and dont just have their GED, and we are talking about how to make money at this company desite the overpaid drivers, ill bring that up. We will discuss it right after we talk about how we have to tell drivers have to dress, shave, wear their clothes, etc. We all usually laugh pretty hard because it reminds us of our little kids. They usually want to look like misfits too.
How could you possibly have graduated from any college with spelling and grammar like that. You only show your true colors, or are you so important you don't need to do things properly.
:lol: :lol:

trickpony1

Audi-
You're right.....we are overpaid.
The very next time I whine to my union steward, I will ask him to revise my contract proposals to reflect a $10 an hour cut in pay so some arrogant, self-centered manager named "audi" can retire a millionaire a couple of times over than he normally would.
Is there anything else we can do for you?

over9five

Staff member
22925dog.jpg

Yikes
22925dog.jpg

hoser

Industrial Slob
Yet you keep yapping in this thread? Weird. Maybe somebody just likes to hear they sound of their own typing....
:lol::lol: You're so combative and hostile it's just getting hilarious

Hoser, please explain I am kinda slow I don't understand.
Some web forums have moderators who go around to, well, 'moderate'. Make sure threads don't get out of hand with the flaming, delete posts about union pensions on threads about the new calendar, and ban users who make no contribution to the forum other than to insult every other user, also to remind the new combative and hostile users to keep their replies to ONE POST *cough*. They may be so kind to teach the concept of holding down shift while clicking on links, highlighting text, hitting CTRL+C and CTRL+V, etc. *cough cough cough*

To 'lock a thread' would be to shut this thread down; no replies permitted, you can only view the stupidity. I think this thread is a textbook example of a thread that needs to be locked. It's going nowhere but showing how much audi likes to listen to himself make noise come out of his mouth.

browniehound

Audi, I can't argue your point. I was just saying, us as UPS drivers are so much more efficient, and really do work harder than the competition that, just maybe our $27 an hour wage is justified? You're right also. For most people its about the $$$$$$$! I have a BA and I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I want to deliver packages for the rest of my life or be a science teacher. I'm not getting any younger, so I know I have to decide soon. I'll keep you posted.

browniehound

30 and out.... Yes, im worth every penny. You know why? Because every 6 months, im judged on my QPR measuring my performance vs goals the company has set out. It also rates what other co workers opinions of me and my work ethic are. That determines my wage increases. Not just how many days ive walked into work and delivered packages regardless of how well i do it. When you start getting your wage increases based on your number of stops, missed deliveries, missed pickups, etc etc and you can show me that you are a better employee than another with the same length of service as you, then i will say you deserve every penny. If you are such a great, hardworking guy, id think that this equality in pay would frustrate you. I mean if you do 25 stops per hour and and guy next to you does 20, shouldnt you make more? If you make your pickups every day and never miss one, and the guy next to you has missed pickups every day, shouldnt you make more?

Audi, its too bad the company can't be run like this. It would benefit most of us hard working employees, and finally all of us would be freed of the low-life pieces of crap that plague our great company!