Sandy Pope

804brown

Ronnie.... Who ?? Oh yeah.... Banned for life.... Never served again.

Sandy.... Who ??

-Bug-

Jimmy Who?? Oh thats right Hoffa's son. And he did what before he was elected?? Oh thats right nothing but use his daddy's name. I guess some of you drank the Hoffa koolaid on Carey. Guess you didnt get the memo: Carey was acquitted of all the bogus charges. Banned for life?? Is it a surprise, look at the corporate establishment thugs who banned him!! Of course he had to be banned. He posed a huge threat after the 1997 strike. Imagine if other unions got off their asses and stood up to the bosses. Imagine economic justice in this country. Imagine!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Jimmy Who?? Oh thats right Hoffa's son. And he did what before he was elected?? Oh thats right nothing but use his daddy's name. I guess some of you drank the Hoffa koolaid on Carey. Guess you didnt get the memo: Carey was acquitted of all the bogus charges. Banned for life?? Is it a surprise, look at the corporate establishment thugs who banned him!! Of course he had to be banned. He posed a huge threat after the 1997 strike. Imagine if other unions got off their asses and stood up to the bosses. Imagine economic justice in this country. Imagine!!!!
You don't know the whole story (hell, I don't think I do either! lol)

He was acquitted of all charges, he did accept the donations illegally however claimed to be "unknowing" of it. however he was acquitted about lying in front of a grand jury and lying to the Teamsters and acquitted from the donations scheme because there was not enough evidence. From what I read he felt as though he did not feel as though his crimes were not "organized" and therefore didn't qualify for a lifetime ban.

" However, Carey admitted that he had not adequately overseen the union's finances, and did not know that the union had spent close to $1 million in political contributions during a 10-day period in October 1996."

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Her demeanor? Her track record speaks for itself, she has more "real" UPS experience than Hoffa Jr and Hall combined.
Her demeanor, meaning the way she acts, talks, handles herself. Are you really that unfamiliar with the word? Check out any interview you can watch on the 'net with Sandy Pope, she has the most sock-puppet cliche answers to every question of important asked and she refuses to maintain eye contact. She does not seem like someone that should be in charge of running an international union. no matter how much experience she has in the trenches

Having said that, my opinion is only that, and could change if she ever decides to get serious about running and learns how to publically speak and get HER points across rather than typical talking points that any joe schmoe off the street could recite.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Her demeanor, meaning the way she acts, talks, handles herself. Are you really that unfamiliar with the word? Check out any interview you can watch on the 'net with Sandy Pope, she has the most sock-puppet cliche answers to every question of important asked and she refuses to maintain eye contact. She does not seem like someone that should be in charge of running an international union. no matter how much experience she has in the trenches

Having said that, my opinion is only that, and could change if she ever decides to get serious about running and learns how to publically speak and get HER points across rather than typical talking points that any joe schmoe off the street could recite.

Hey Sleeve,

I received an interesting email from Sandy's campaign today. If you want, I will copy it and PM you. She is listening.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

another fact,

sandyassets.jpg
sandyassets.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
With Sandy running as an independent, her chances of actually winning are slim to none.

I think slim just left the building.... with Elvis.

The convention.... Las Vegas....

Come on.... thats funny.

Slate votes always trump individual votes.... And Sandy has no slate....

This will be an interesting week in Vegas. See ya there ?

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hmmm....

Just reading out of the contract ?

Maloney retired 3 years ago. I thought all the company guys knew that.

-Bug-

If you had bothered to quote my entire post instead of the part that you felt you could slam me on you would have read that I said that these were the folks who negotiated our current NMA.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you had bothered to quote my entire post instead of the part that you felt you could slam me on you would have read that I said that these were the folks who negotiated our current NMA.

I should add this disclaimer to my signature line:

Any similarity between myself and upssocks is purely coincidental.

We are not one in the same. I post what I believe while he posts just to agitate.

Oh really...so when BUG corrects your misinformation, it is now "slamming", however when you make the very same type of pompous know-it-all quibble correction post, it is "posting what you believe"

Isn't that just the ultimate irony?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh really...so when BUG corrects your misinformation, it is now "slamming", however when you make the very same type of pompous know-it-all quibble correction post, it is "posting what you believe"

Isn't that just the ultimate irony?

There was no misinformation as the information was in my original post. (Post #131) Move along--no irony here.