Saturday December 24th

I'm working. Told time and 1/2. Air only .?
1995 or 6 Christmas was a Sunday and we ran all the send agains and air. Enough people volunteered to do it.

Dr.Brownz

It's funny when you read this how ups is pushing Saturday and no one is really fighting

And you wonder why Saturday delivery is coming

I know I can't believe anyone would want to work saturday to "Help out" UPS. They have burned every bridge of good will over the years they should expect the drivers to say FU. They almost did peak right (here atleast) but now we are slammed with no extra workers, packages getting rolled. They never seem to get the idea that people still get sick during peak season. Hell I'm beginning to feel not great either, might have to call in myself at some point. They want to wine about ECDing packages but then come to us and act like it's a shock that people got injured and had accidents last peak season. I wonder why that is?

a911scanner

For me, I think the "out of hours" plan may not work.

Last Saturday, I was out of hours. They made me be a helper on my Christmas route with a seasonal driving for me. Easy day, but was still working, over 60 for the week.

I fully expect the same scenario for missing church on Saturday.

Steward773

Not sure why anyone would think that Saturday is a day off. If you are in a center that you aren't forced in, you must be in a part of the country where few humans live. Christmas Eve is NOT a Holiday, stop thinking it is. My center has been mandatory Saturdays for every driver for the last 3 weeks.

Is every single employee in your operation working Saturdays?

Oak

I'll be working Saturday, but that's normal for me being a Saturday air driver. I heard something today about 40% of drivers will be working in our center.

This brings a question. As a Saturday Air driver, I was asked to sweep the UPS store last week on Saturday. Picking up ground means cover pay instead of air pay, right? Where is that in the national master? I've looked and can't find it. Southern region, if it's in the supplement instead.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Not sure why anyone would think that Saturday is a day off. If you are in a center that you aren't forced in, you must be in a part of the country where few humans live. Christmas Eve is NOT a Holiday, stop thinking it is. My center has been mandatory Saturdays for every driver for the last 3 weeks.
Coward

Keenj

Nope. I hated Christmas before I got this job. Now I really hate Christmas and I don't care if it gets ruined for the people who waited to the last second to do their online shopping. Maybe next year, they'll listen to me when I tell them to order early.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope. I hated Christmas before I got this job. Now I really hate Christmas and I don't care if it gets ruined for the people who waited to the last second to do their online shopping. Maybe next year, they'll listen to me when I tell them to order early.

I used to enjoy the holiday season before I started working here. I am hoping that retirement and grandchildren will help to rekindle my holiday spirit.