Saturday delivery 4 small center on topic!

UPSmechanicinblue

Hello, I seen online another center the same size as ours of around 30 drivers that went Saturday delivery.That is about our size. I am hearing pre load goes Tuesday through Saturday. We have no 22.4 drivers so I guess the mid to lower sonority drivers will be switched to Tuesday through Saturday? Some of us are wondering what happens to the PM shift? (the ones that unload, fuel wash and park the cars at night) are they still Monday through Friday? What about me the only mechanic? Also need info on what to share with drivers that are forced in on Saturday on what to do such as make sure they work there full 8 etc? We are in the central and Michigan rider . A date to go Saturday isn't set but herd all in our area will be within a year. Also once all centers are Saturday we maybe moving ground Saturday PM for delivery on Monday? (business only)
Please share good info so I can share this thread with the driver group. Thanks all

PT Car Washer

Hello, I seen online another center the same size as ours of around 30 drivers that went Saturday delivery.That is about our size. I am hearing pre load goes Tuesday through Saturday. We have no 22.4 drivers so I guess the mid to lower sonority drivers will be switched to Tuesday through Saturday? Some of us are wondering what happens to the PM shift? (the ones that unload, fuel wash and park the cars at night) are they still Monday through Friday? What about me the only mechanic? Also need info on what to share with drivers that are forced in on Saturday on what to do such as make sure they work there full 8 etc? We are in the central and Michigan rider . A date to go Saturday isn't set but herd all in our area will be within a year. Also once all centers are Saturday we maybe moving ground Saturday PM for delivery on Monday? (business only)
Please share good info so I can share this thread with the driver group. Thanks all
We still have a twilight sort along with the car wash and mechanics on Friday night. Have one mechanic and one car washer on Sunday night and a small Midnight/preload sort Sunday night/Monday morning. I am in a much larger building with both a Hub and 2 Centers. Saturday drivers have no problem working at least 8 to 10 hours the problem is Mondays when they cut routes.

UPSmechanicinblue

We still have a twilight sort along with the car wash and mechanics on Friday night. Have one mechanic and one car washer on Sunday night and a small Midnight/preload sort Sunday night/Monday morning. I am in a much larger building with both a Hub and 2 Centers. Saturday drivers have no problem working at least 8 to 10 hours the problem is Mondays when they cut routes.
I sure our Saturday air drivers will no longer be used? we run about 6 part time air on Saturday. We cover a huge rural area some drivers run around 200 miles a day so Monday with a few drivers will be a cluster hitting the businesses.

PT Car Washer

I sure our Saturday air drivers will no longer be used? we run about 6 part time air on Saturday. We cover a huge rural area some drivers run around 200 miles a day so Monday with a few drivers will be a cluster hitting the businesses.
We had about 12 PT air drivers on Saturday and now only a few plus several 22.3 preload/air. A lot of times they have to help with ground because of call ins on Saturday. We also deliver rural areas on Saturday just to hit some ones numbers on stops. We have had Saturday ground for several years and management still can't get it right.

I thought they had a half 22.4 drivers in order to run Saturday ground

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
How are you the only mechanic at your building? What do they do when you’re on vacation/sick? Even the small center (70 routes) down the road from me has 2 mechanics 🤔

PT Car Washer

How are you the only mechanic at your building? What do they do when you’re on vacation/sick? Even the small center (70 routes) down the road from me has 2 mechanics 🤔
Most of our small centers don't have mechanics. They get the new package cars and anything that is not under warranty is outsourced to local repair shops. Can't find a qualified mechanic with tools who will work for UPS starting wages.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Most of our small centers don't have mechanics. They get the new package cars and anything that is not under warranty is outsourced to local repair shops. Can't find a qualified mechanic with tools who will work for UPS starting wages.
Must be a very small center !

Ghost in the Darkness

Preload moved to Tues-Sat. I volunteer to work Monday morning preload (1hr &1/2) before I take my route out. Local sort stays M- Fri and our mechanic who is all by himself is M- Fri too. They told him be on call Saturdays but he just laughed at them.
Lower seniority drivers especially and a few 22.4's are working 6 days. Some stand up for themselves and others are afraid to. If there is 6th punch work available it has to be offered to seniority drivers and if they pass on it goes to the bottom and force work. I try to encourage the younger drivers to stand up for themselves. You are not paid to be on call, you are either working or you are not.

Nah
The center I used to work at only had one mechanic. That was with 60 trucks. When he's gone, the mechanic from the next nearest center helps.

Drivers have been complaining that he needs help for years. It'll take something catastrophic for UPS to hire a helper.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
That’s the first thing I picked up on. Only mechanic with 30 cars? Any tractors? You are getting boned.