Saturday fallout

ups1990

My center is in the Twilight Zone. Our center manager once said he thinks the rest of the district forgets we exist. Maybe it will happen, maybe not.
You hear the twilight zone and I hear that creepy music from the X Files opening when I listen to drivers tell their UPS conspiracy stories.

watdaflock?

Added TearsInRain to my ignore list. Can't take his cocky screw the drivers attitude. Nice knowing ya d*ckhead
20MJCVq.gif

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It's nice that everyone in the company knows this and yet no one fixes the problem.

i know the longer term strategy to fix it and it's pretty solid

the short term strategy seems to consist of not raising wages, letting drivers burn out on 11 hour days, and urging "creative thinking" whatever the :censored2: that means

Ghost in the Darkness

completely wrong because the shippers don't have to claim anything it's all automated

guaranteed service refunds are eating us ALIVE, it's not some wild strategy of ours we just suck

What is the refund % if a 1030 commit is delivered later in the day?

Also the problem hasn't been fixed and its been going on for awhile. Its not strategy, its a combination of negligence, incompetance and greed. Like I said, no evidence of it changing anytime soon. 5 billion in profits last year, I guess its not hurting so bad.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What is the refund % if a 1030 commit is delivered later in the day?

Also the problem hasn't been fixed and its been going on for awhile. Its not strategy, its a combination of negligence, incompetance and greed. Like I said, no evidence of it changing anytime soon. 5 billion in profits last year, I guess its not hurting so bad.
they refund to what a ground would cost if i remember correctly

if our network can't handle the air volume being pushed through it, how is that greed or incompetence?
at what part of the Corporate B&friend meeting did they say :censored2: man forget about the years of planning and analysis that go into a new building, just look at these profits we are making with this late air....

does that really truly make sense to you?
please think before you vomit out your next response

watdaflock?

You hear the twilight zone and I hear that creepy music from the X Files opening when I listen to drivers tell their UPS conspiracy stories.
I hear The Three Stooges theme song, whenever all the drivers who support Trump start rambling.

Can't fix stupid.

DOK

wew lad are you in for a big surprise..
Bite the bullet and higher more people and just go with a full 7 day a week operation so we don't have such volume fluctuations. Monday's are a crap show due to low volume, pickups missed, pkgs missed, etc. Looks like amateur hour. Can't imagine the money being lost.

Ghost in the Darkness

I see the output of management workday, home by 5 then redial drivers who won't answer your stupid phone calls who are out delivering til 2200... worried their ground pieces won't get back in time for the last pull. Starting at 930 or later is convenient though. We love logistics right, only you aren't very good at it. Don't have the space you say and we can't afford cargo planes but we can try to buy tnt then flush some more money down the toilet to get out of the deal when the merger is denied. 5 billion in profits, where does that money fly away to?

MendozaJ

if our network can't handle the air volume being pushed through it, how is that greed or incompetence?

Air volume isn't the issue, it's building leave time and dispatch.

"Why did you have late air," is not a question that should be asked of a driver that leaves at 1000 and already sent a message stating he would have late air.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Bite the bullet and higher more people and just go with a full 7 day a week operation so we don't have such volume fluctuations. Monday's are a crap show due to low volume, pickups missed, pkgs missed, etc. Looks like amateur hour. Can't imagine the money being lost.
the transportation side of UPS isn't willing to change their schedules until next year, so until then package gets the shaft

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

at what part of the Corporate B&friend meeting did they say :censored2: man forget about the years of planning and analysis that go into a new building, just look at these profits we are making with this late air....

does that really truly make sense to you?
please think before you vomit out your next response
I ain't got no fancy schmancy engineering degree or nuffin, but it seems to me that greed and incompetence have a LOT to do with it. Because of those two things, people are not being provided with the necessary tools to do their jobs, thus trickling downhill to effect service.

I've said before, UPS and FedEx have figured out how to provide the minimum of service and still remain quite profitable, UPS especially.