Saturday fallout

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I ain't got no fancy schmancy engineering degree or nuffin, but it seems to me that greed and incompetence have a LOT to do with it. Because of those two things, people are not being provided with the necessary tools to do their jobs, thus trickling downhill to effect service.

I've said before, UPS and FedEx have figured out how to provide the minimum of service and still remain quite profitable, UPS especially.
we can overstaff our ops all we want but that's not the problem

we need more processing capacity

Not willing or not allowed?
not willing

I thought they refunded the delivery to a NDA Saver rate.
you may be right i haven't dealt with that in 3 years

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And yet, vehicles are left parked at the buildings and drivers are sent home while airs are late....
so put on a bunch of drivers to run a handful of stops, only to have them turn around and grieve for an 8 hour day, thus blowing cost out of the water

we would honestly be more profitable just cancelling air service entirely than doing something that stupid, be reasonable this is a business

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Air volume isn't the issue, it's building leave time and dispatch.

"Why did you have late air," is not a question that should be asked of a driver that leaves at 1000 and already sent a message stating he would have late air.
i don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the problem starts way, way, way before the work even arrives in your building

it's absolutely a volume issue, because that effects your leave building and dispatch