Saturday Ground Delivery

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You see we already have different answers for different areas.

TearsInRain contends an occasional forced Saturday would be at straight time if it was 5th punch; MyTripsCut is getting time and a half for 5th punch Saturday ground.

TearsInRain contends that Center (not bldg) seniority will determine who is forced to work T-Sat; Our multiple Center bldg is going by bldg wide seniority.

TearsInRain contends that the T-Sat forced shift will last till "the new bidding cycle"... Well, some areas re-bid routes yearly and some areas have permanent route bids. So no consistency there.

That is why we need informational/input meetings.
These, and literally a hundred other issues with the T-Sat shift implementation should be negotiated in the broader context of full contract negotiations.

If all Sat work for MyTripsCut is now paid at time and 1/2 (even Sat ground) then pretending to "create" new T-Sat routes (TearsInRain call them new routes) by shifting the work to Saturday, is just a free concession.
MTIC may be right about the m-friend OT pay on saturday, that answer i was shaky on

everything else is distric or supplement dependent; some supplements are oddballs, some districts don't want to follow THE PLAN, etc

Saturday is only time and half if it's a 6 punch.
That is why they ask the drivers who don't have a full week in to help with Saturday Air. I can see helping the younger drivers out by at least giving them a half days work but sometimes a high seniority driver will bump them just because he took a day off during the week.

slaveofbigbrown

From what I heard on Friday is the company will give the union a list of the t-s routes. We will run a bid in the coming weeks. The company originally wanted this to be our biannual bid but the union walked. So now we will get our rebids again in feb

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
676. I didn't believe it til I saw my paycheck. It happened, unless they made a mistake, but another driver told me he gets OT every Saturday, 4th and 5th punch. I crap you not.
i looked into it, it's how you're set up in Time & Labor (payroll)

whatever days are your two "off" days, you get the OT, the system assumes it's a 6th punch

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
i looked into it, it's how you're set up in Time & Labor (payroll)

whatever days are your two "off" days, you get the OT, the system assumes it's a 6th punch
That will change soon? I considered it fair, since they needed me that Saturday for knowledge, not in any way seniority.