Saturday Ground Delivery

Teamster for life

I have been hearing stewards in the Providence building that we were going to bid in the next 2-3 weeks now the company retracted there offer so we are at a stand still on this issue ! They might post a list for voulenteers which will be a charge for direct bargaining with members so wait and see what happens

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I have been hearing stewards in the Providence building that we were going to bid in the next 2-3 weeks now the company retracted there offer so we are at a stand still on this issue ! They might post a list for voulenteers which will be a charge for direct bargaining with members so wait and see what happens
I really don't understand their confusion. All they really need to do is make the routes that are normally cut on Mondays a T-S job. Not a single person has any solid information on the subject. It's like they are going in blind.

MostHelpNeeded

I really don't understand their confusion. All they really need to do is make the routes that are normally cut on Mondays a T-S job. Not a single person has any solid information on the subject. It's like they are going in blind.

And what do you do with the drivers who bid those routes?

MostHelpNeeded

Offer a bump. Monday cut routes are usually held by low seniority drivers anyway.

This isn't one or two routes we're talking about. If it was, I'd agree. But anywhere from 25-50% of the routes for a center will be cut on Mondays and put in on Saturday. Giving a bump is normally the right solution, but where are they going to bump to? If they're lower seniority as you say (which is NOT the case BTW...They're targeting resi routes) Then likely they'll have to bump back to cover. Wait....That's right, they're making 90% of the cover jobs Tuesdy - Saturday.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
We had the I.E. nerds in our bldg. today. The mgt team has said that the Saturday ground is due to start in June. They are clueless when they are asked(no fault of their own), how it will be. My route is a large urban mall that is open on the weekend(obviously). I've asked will it be delivered and picked up on Saturday? The reponse, " We don't know". How UPS of them.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Which routes and how many will be T-S in the Providence building?
about 42.0% of them

We had the I.E. nerds in our bldg. today. The mgt team has said that the Saturday ground is due to start in June. They are clueless when they are asked(no fault of their own), how it will be. My route is a large urban mall that is open on the weekend(obviously). I've asked will it be delivered and picked up on Saturday? The reponse, " We don't know". How UPS of them.
the answer is it won't be at all

while the initial instinct is to get mall volume off saturday to take the sting off monday, the result we found was that it just pisses away hours with no real gain in service

now there are malls that have enough volume to where it might justify anyways, but like 95% of those have feeder + helper delivery, so you wouldn't be getting anything back

the only way it'd work is if, say, you had 4 trips going to the mall on monday, you move a trip to saturday, and this allows you to only run 2 trips on monday; those cases are pretty few and far between

LeadBelly

Banned
We ran 58 cars in our center prior to Saturday ground. We now run 54 cars. No routes bid Tuesday through Saturday, seniority determines who works Monday through Friday and Tuesday through Saturday.

Tough Guy

Apparently production is in the toilet in our building on saturdays. Part of the problem is most of the guys forced to do saturdays are lower seniority guys who have very little area knowledge, and the routes are spread all over creation. The stop counts, on paper don't look unreasonable, it just takes a ton of time to drive all over creation. Most of us follow Orion 100% almost to prove a point. A lot of guys coming in 20-30 miles over on some routes and, legitimately, have no idea why. Lol.

babboo25

Banned
This isn't one or two routes we're talking about. If it was, I'd agree. But anywhere from 25-50% of the routes for a center will be cut on Mondays and put in on Saturday. Giving a bump is normally the right solution, but where are they going to bump to? If they're lower seniority as you say (which is NOT the case BTW...They're targeting resi routes) Then likely they'll have to bump back to cover. Wait....That's right, they're making 90% of the cover jobs Tuesdy - Saturday.
25 to 50%? Extreme exaggeration.

Gimme Danger

I heard that was recanted to 17 per center. Bidding in June recanted to no bids.
Now volunteers for Saturday.
I don't think management even knows what's going on. Lol

2 current bids, 78 more proposed to be moved. I have no idea how that is broken down by center.
My understanding is that the bid/volunteer back and forth is the negotiations between union and company. We'll see how it all pans out. Our New England union team is working hard, together, for us.