Saturday Ground Update

Rack em

Made the Podium
One of our PT sups is interviewing for a FT sup position with UPS Freight in NYC. He is in for a huge wake up call.
Off topic....but today while I was delivering a NDA letter to a rancher he started freaking out that I was turning around so far away from his house. So as I walked up to him he told me to back up by his back porch to unload. I was confused so I handed him the NDA letter and asked why I would back up for that. He told me he was expecting his 1,200lbs gun safe today and it was coming "UPS".... He thought I was bringing a 1,200lbs gun safe in my p700 without a lift gate :confused:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Off topic....but today while I was delivering a NDA letter to a rancher he started freaking out that I was turning around so far away from his house. So as I walked up to him he told me to back up by his back porch to unload. I was confused so I handed him the NDA letter and asked why I would back up for that. He told me he was expecting his 1,200lbs gun safe today and it was coming "UPS".... He thought I was bringing a 1,200lbs gun safe in my p700 without a lift gate :confused:
This is sort of similar and I was in tears laughing...pull up this house and a guy and his girlfriend come running out "our mattress is here our mattress is here" I found their package and it had their name and address and it was a flat box that felt like it had nothing in it...the look on their faces was priceless...it was from the mattress company...I locked myself in the back of my truck and fell to a knee crying laughing

Over 70

"Don't have to know how to load 'em to know how to deliver 'em."

I drove before I loaded and loading has made me a much better driver. And given me alot more empathy for Stevie wonder loads. The loaders don't have a chance. "Just get the right boxes on the truck" is all preload sups care about as they shove it up their ass.

Sounds like a dumb rancher in Livingston.

RuthlessSupSlayer

You're a PTer.

I don't care about PTers.

The IBT doesn't care about PTers.

PTers are disposable labor.

So what you're saying is that when you have quality loader that makes your day easier they are disposable? I know that the drivers i have wroked with appreciate when loads are done right and i am thanked each day. I have seen some of those loads that newbs throw in and that's exactly what they do throw it.

I am attempting to be a driver and honestly i would bring my loader breakfast each morning if they made my day easy especially in my first 28 days.

But we all have our own opinions i guess.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So, for the past two months, we have late air 3-4 times a week at our building, and have had to push our start time back fifteen minutes. Rumor has it, we don't have enough pilots for the Saturday ground implementation and they are running out of hours, this is causing problems in Louisville. Anyone able to confirm this?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So, for the past two months, we have late air 3-4 times a week at our building, and have had to push our start time back fifteen minutes. Rumor has it, we don't have enough pilots for the Saturday ground implementation and they are running out of hours, this is causing problems in Louisville. Anyone able to confirm this?
I confirm we constantly have late air.

Oak

Start time pushed back 15 minutes in our building as well. Late air said to be the reason. There was no elaboration as to why air has been late.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
For pilots Its probably just max vacations. Just like all of a sudden we don't have enough drivers to cover vacations. Like they didn't know this back in November when we picked.