Saturday Ground Update

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Couple drivers brought stuff back ....last Saturday
We have had that happen as well. It's summer, there are events on a lot of Main Streets is some of these small towns around here. Drivers can't get through, try to go back later, event still going on. Not enough people either way.

Over 70

We have had that happen as well. It's summer, there are events on a lot of Main Streets is some of these small towns around here. Drivers can't get through, try to go back later, event still going on. Not enough people either way.

It's only SAT air but a parade through the center of town screwed me last week. Can't imagine trying to deliver a full route

a911scanner

the goal is 8.5 with 0 to .5 O/A

the reality is somewhere around an 8.25 with .75 over in mature sites, and a 6.5 with 2 hours over in the initial deployment

YMMV

So, converting that statement from corporate mumbo-jumbo to reality:

The goal is 200 spc with -1.0 to -.5 O/A. The reality is 225-250 spc.

Enjoy working Saturdays. I know I will.

a911scanner

usually more like 140-150 spc

Well that's good to hear, being as the the loops will cover much more territory on a Saturday. Therefore 150 spc will take the time of 200-225 spc on a normal day.

As everyone knows, but no management or corporate folks will admit, very few routes that have the equivalent road time of 200 stops is an 8.5 hour day. So there goes that pipe dream.

Nice plan.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Well that's good to hear, being as the the loops will cover much more territory on a Saturday. Therefore 150 spc will take the time of 200-225 spc on a normal day.

As everyone knows, but no management or corporate folks will admit, very few routes that have the equivalent road time of 200 stops is an 8.5 hour day. So there goes that pipe dream.

Nice plan.
drive safe

RuthlessSupSlayer

We had our first Saturday and in pre load it was crazy i was told to go a belt i had never been to and then said okay you have "bay 560 to 568" (amount is correct but not bay numbers). So i had an eight car pulla. I was told it was light today.....and then it happened it came down like a Tuesday and i wasnt even able to keep up with pulling from the packages from the belt. On the other 4 belts they were trickling down pre loading some of Mondays load. The cars i had i had no idea what the names were so i was loading by bay number. Eqch truck had about 180-250 pieces. Mostly resi stops. Air was late so we didnt get out till after driver start time.

PT Car Washer

We had our first Saturday and in pre load it was crazy i was told to go a belt i had never been to and then said okay you have "bay 560 to 568" (amount is correct but not bay numbers). So i had an eight car pulla. I was told it was light today.....and then it happened it came down like a Tuesday and i wasnt even able to keep up with pulling from the packages from the belt. On the other 4 belts they were trickling down pre loading some of Mondays load. The cars i had i had no idea what the names were so i was loading by bay number. Eqch truck had about 180-250 pieces. Mostly resi stops. Air was late so we didnt get out till after driver start time.
Does working Saturday mean an extra day or do you get Monday off?