Saturday Ground Update

Thatguy123

Haven't heard anything about this lately? They said at our union hall this weekend that it's coming to a neighboring hub near us this year.. any news on how it's working for the guys that are tue-sat?? Thanks

LeadBelly

Banned
They are going to start with a bid for the change of Tuesday through Saturday. They will also offer a Tuesday through Saturday preload as well. Some places have tried this and discontinued it already. It isn't seeming to be a profitable solution everywhere and in every market so far.

ManInBrown

They are going to start with a bid for the change of Tuesday through Saturday. They will also offer a Tuesday through Saturday preload as well. Some places have tried this and discontinued it already. It isn't seeming to be a profitable solution everywhere and in every market so far.
Tremendous news. I hope it continues to be a complete failure. Dead on arrival

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah this was not the post office though. This was a white unmarked van. With a pedophile looking dude driving it.
I saw a trailer with Amazon logo, flipped over on it's side, and packages being transferred to two Penske trucks during peak season. I regret not pulling over to take a picture, but it was 10pm and I was exhausted and just wanted to get back.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Going strong here. Just started running post office along with the ground last week. For those wondering also, we aren't running anything other than NDA Saturday, all savers and NDA for Monday are held, only ground residential and UPS stores get deliveries with the Sat Air.

Monday's suck for those that work, spread out like a hooker on BOGO night. Until the whole system is pushing loads like during peak, we are just robbing ground from Monday.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Going strong here. Just started running post office along with the ground last week. For those wondering also, we aren't running anything other than NDA Saturday, all savers and NDA for Monday are held, only ground residential and UPS stores.

Monday's suck for those that work, spread out like a hooker on BOGO night. Until the whole system is pushing loads like during peak, we are just robbing ground from Monday.
We're starting in the next few months and most people don't know.
I'm really confused how this is going to work without rebidding routes, which contractually isn't supposed to happen here until February 2018.
:censored2: is about to hit the fan.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I saw a trailer with Amazon logo, flipped over on it's side, and packages being transferred to two Penske trucks during peak season. I regret not pulling over to take a picture, but it was 10pm and I was exhausted and just wanted to get back.

amateur_hour_anchorman.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We're starting in the next few months and most people don't know.
I'm really confused how this is going to work without rebidding routes, which contractually isn't supposed to happen here until February 2018.
:censored2: is about to hit the fan.
When they first came out with it, they needed to add extra staffing. All new hires were told T-Sat was their required shift. They filled in with the lowest FT drivers and forced them on the new schedule, after asking for volunteers, to complete the minimum needs for the new day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The problem with this Saturday system is that during peak, there is not enough T-S drivers to cover Saturdays. And not enough M-friend drivers to give the
T-S guys Monday off. This resulted in a lot of forced 6 day weeks in our building during peak.

LeadBelly

Banned
Tremendous news. I hope it continues to be a complete failure. Dead on arrival
Fedex and the usps both offer this. We work for the best company in the industry. They have to complete and their competitors offer this. I don't like it but it is necessary. My guess is that some areas it works and others it doesn't. It's still to early to see. What we have to do is mentality prepare ourselves for this. Our competition offers it. We don't want to get passed by.